Hunting & other rural pursuits

A snipe visited the garden today. A noble bird, very elusive even at close quarters. Held it’s own against two uppity blackbirds. Hopefully he’s a regular.

6 Likes

First bottling of 2022. Bringing it as a gift to a dinner party.

1 Like

Im concerned about the size of the bottle. What are we looking at here…250 ml?

Are they Free Presbyterians?

6 Likes

I’m not Santa Claus.

4 Likes

I’ve mine ready to bottle after about 8 weeks. Double muslin as in the muslin cloths you’d have for a baby?

You could if you were stuck, but Kilner sell proper muslins for this sort of job. You could also decant it through a pair of red knickers, like the ones @caulifloweredneanderthal bought for his missus.

5 Likes

Cheesecloth?

Repeated the drill there.

Jaysus I’m 2 days late meself. What do I drain the gin through? A bit of muslin cloth and is there anything can be done with the sloes that are left ?

Muslin yes. Or a clean tea towel.
@ironmoth put me onto this for the leftover berries.

3 Likes

3 weeks ago this area was full of sloes, blackberries and crab apples. Full of foxes and birds. But now, at Eamonn Ryan’s bidding, cheered on by @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy , it’s all been decimated. Rewilding, my bollox.

4 Likes

The greens are against life.

3 Likes

Ffs

A small sacrifice for the greater good.

@Fagan_ODowd I’m after making a woeful mistake with this sloe gin…I should’ve made 3 times as much of it. This is some tack. Myself and the lack will be loopers by the time the darts is finished

3 Likes

Eamon Ryan is destroying our country

1 Like

Great tack after forking a bit of silage.

3 Likes

Mighty altogether