Hurling All-Stars 2012

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 716380”]

Galways biggest problem in the second half was delivering decent ball to their forwards and Canning in particular, do you want to tell me JJ marked Canning out of the game all of a sudden? Rubbish.[/quote]

According to you Canning was running rings around Delaney. I just find that hard to believe when he barely touched the ball in the 2nd half

Fuck the All Stars.

Roll on 2013 and the draw tonight. http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/2guns.gif

That’s gas because every selection since 94 has been very good and well worth paying attention to. Tis always the way.

http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-stroking-chin.gif

http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-stroking-chin.gif

Has to be a ballhop. The fact that a hurler who gave as much to the game as Paul Flynn retired with only one All Star is a fairly cutting indictment of the All Stars.

It is a poor attempt by that prick Gola to be funny

The journalists should be entirely removed from the process. Let intercounty managers pick the nominees instead and the players pick the winners as usual.

Ffs kib man that’s a ridiculous post in the context of your earlier contradictory effort.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 716386”]

It is a poor attempt by that prick Gola to be funny[/quote]

Go fuck yourself you smug prick.

Disagree with the players picking them anyway. They don’t see enough of other teams. Maybe former player if getting rid of the journalists.

The Players player of the Year? Makes sense.

Makes sense, the term peers is bandied about when it comes to All Star selectors even though half the cunts never kicked a football or handled a hurley.

Subjective awards are always going to be contentious because perception can often differ from reality.

A couple of spectacular plays can create the impression of a great performance when in reality the player may have been shit otherwise.

Most posters here are clueless with regard to hurling except chewy, the kk lads, gman, bandage and monkey. But I don’t want to single anyone out.

The award winners are currently selected by the players, but a panel of journalists come up with the nominations.

Players player of the year makes sense but not the whole team. Sure most of the players opinions are being formed by journalists and pundits/former players same as most people. They’re too involved and often playing at the same time to have a fully rounded view to pick a team.
I think the Whelahan/ Kevin Martin thing came when the players picked it. Or one of those big controversies anyway. You’re not going to have it perfect any way.

Hurling has always remained, must always remain, and will always remain the preserve of a select group of true hurling men. And of nobody else.

Ah here. I started off talking about Delaney, he’s a brilliant hurled and probably a shoe for an allstar but I don’t think he was brilliant this year. My line about canning almost literally running rings around him I was thinking of mid first half canning got out ahead of him, won a ball, few steps, turned, left jj for dead. Second half canning was more anonymous but I reckon that ha more to do with poor delivery of ball by Galway in the second half (which most people commented on after the game). The fact canning was less influential didn’t seem to me to be down to jj and I don’t remember him winning any 50/50 ball between the two.

So canning effectively ran one ring around him. A farmeresque climb down if ever I read one.

Wasn’t the problem with the players doing it believed to be that given the nature of the Championship they couldn’t form a proper opinion because many didnt see games of other players taking place on the same day. Its ok with soccer leagues due to the amount of coverage and matches played, but not so much with this. Even the GPA awards had indepenent men giving nominations and then the players making their selections as it is now.

All in all its just a talking shop and nothing to get too worked up over. The team wont be far off wrong, the nominees just token gestures and a chance to get your fill of free wine and food.

Inter-county players are the worst possible judges, because let’s face it, a lot of them are thick as shit.

:clap: :clap:

ya haven’t the brains to be stupid :guns: