Kieran Murphy (Cork)

I’d go:

Fitzhenry (Wexford),
Kavanagh (Kilkenny), N Hickey (Kilkenny), S Hickey (Limerick),
Walsh (Kilkenny), McGrath (Waterford), Browne (Waterford),
Fitzpatrick (Kilkenny), Walsh (Waterford),
Shanahan (Waterford), Moran (Limerick), Molumphy (Waterford),
O’Shaughnessy (Limerick), Shefflin (Kilkenny), Brennan (Kilkenny),

That’s 6 Kilkenny, 5 Waterford, 3 Limerick and 1 Wexford.

Player of the Year: Dan Shanahan
Young Player of the Year: Stephen Molumphy

I’d certainly agree with your 2 players of the year Bandage. Shanahan was excellent and really made his mark. Molumphy was absolutely superb.

I’m not sure Waterford will get 5 but I think they deserve them. Eoin Larkin could pip Molumphy seeing he knocked over 5 points in the final. There could be a token Cork or Tipp inclusion but there’s not room for both counties to be represented. Fanning at full back is Tipp’s best chance and the two O’Connors and O’hAilpin had their moments for Cork but I think others are ahead of them.

Yeah I would go along with a lot of that. Ollie Moran at centre forward for Limerick would push Dan the Man for player of the year for me. Superb against Kilkenny in the final

I see where they have revamped the hurling next yea. No repeat fixtures allowed until the final which is a good thing. If Waterford had beaten Limerick in the Al Ireland semi this year then they would have reached the All Ireland by beating Cork and Limerick twice which is crazy stuff

Press Release just received at tfk’s plush offices.

Ridiculous that there’s no Wexford players on this:

Champions Kilkenny Top All Star List

Six members of the All-Ireland winning Kilkenny hurling team have been named today as Vodafone GAA All Stars for 2007. The All Stars, chosen by the countrys leading GAA journalists, were announced by the President of the GAA Nickey Brennan following the selection meeting at Dublins Westbury Hotel.

The awards will be presented on Friday night at the gala All Stars banquet in the City West Hotel during which the Vodafone GAA Football All Stars of 2007 will be announced during the hour long live broadcast of the event on RTE One at the earlier time of 7.00pm. The programme will also be carried around the world on RTE.ie.

The Footballer and Hurler of the Year will also be announced on Friday night as well as the winners of the Young Footballer and Young Hurler of the Year awards.

Seven players receive All Stars for the first time and four counties are represented in the list of fifteen players.

Henry Shefflins pursuit of the record number of All Star awards continues. He becomes the first player in the history of the scheme to be selected on six consecutive occasions. This is his seventh award and he is now just two short of the record jointly held by his former teammate DJ Carey and Kerry football legend Pat Spillane.

Shefflins Kilkenny teammate Tommy Walsh has been selected for the fifth consecutive year. He has won awards at midfield, corner back, half forward, left half back and now at right half back.

Ken McGrath wins his third award in another different position of centre half back having been chosen at left half forward in 2002 and midfield in 2004.

The seven first time winners are Brian Murray (Limerick), Declan Fanning (Tipperary), Jackie Tyrrell (Kilkenny), Michael Walsh (Waterford), Ollie Moran (Limerick), Stephen Molumphy (Waterford) and Andrew OShaughnessy (Limerick)

The county breakdown reads: Kilkenny (6), Waterford (5), Limerick (3), Tipperary (1).

The Vodafone GAA Hurling All Stars for 2007 are:

Goalkeeper: Brian Murray (Limerick) 1st award

Right Full Back: Michael Kavanagh (Kilkenny) 3rd (2002, 2003)

Full Back: Declan Fanning (Tipperary) 1st

Left Full Back: Jackie Tyrrell (Kilkenny) 1st

Right Half Back: Tommy Walsh (Kilkenny) 5th (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)

Centre Half Back: Ken McGrath (Waterford) 3rd (2002, 2004)

Left Half Back: Tony Browne (Waterford) 3rd (1998, 2006)

Midfield: Michael Walsh (Waterford) 1st

James Fitzpatrick (Kilkenny) 2nd (2006)

Right Half Forward: Dan Shanahan (Waterford) 3rd (2004, 2006)

Centre Half Forward: Ollie Moran (Limerick) 1st

Left Half Forward: Stephen Molumphy (Waterford) 1st

Right Full Forward: Andrew OShaughnessy (Limerick) 1st

Full Forward: Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny) 7th (2000, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06)

Left Full Forward: Eddie Brennan 3rd (2003, 2006)

You weren’t far off with your own selections Bandage. Were they always announced a couple of days before the dinner?

therock67 wrote:

You weren’t far off with your own selections Bandage. Were they always announced a couple of days before the dinner?

They rotate it every year so next year the football will be announced in advance. Think it’s to give the sponsors the publicity of having 2 separate announcements rather than both going out live on the night.

I remember back in the day Ball Ox gave Sean Og a right racist bashing when we were in Parnell Park, right up at the pitch we were. Good times. :grin:

Okay lads, time to get this going so the lurkers can make sure and get it right.

1. Quaid ( poor year for Keepers - save on Harnedy gets him in )
  2. Finn
  3. Burke
  4. O’Connor
  5. Mannion
  6. Hannon
  7. Morrissey
  8. Galvin
  9. Burke
  10. Morrissey
  11. Canning
  12. Mannion
  13. Mulcahy
  14. Conlon
  15. Gillane

Dungeon please

3 Likes

Ah come on. We’re nearly done, that’s the team of the year so far without question.

John Kiely sent us all an email last night telling us just to focus on the game on the 19th. If the lads from the weaker counties want to speculate let them off. But we will take no part in this.

1 Like

I’m an impartial observer who is fair in my thoughts so talk of dungeon is mildly offensive tbh.

You are usually mildly offensive tbh

1 Like

Mulcahy was fucking outstanding yesterday, my aul lad remarked “ he’s a super hurler, he’d turn on a six pence “ :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Delighted for him.

1 Like

I have a ton on Dan Morrissey at 7/2 so I hope he does get it.

I’ll indulge you Har.

1. Eoin Murphy
  2. Pat O’Connor
  3. Daithi Burke
  4. Richie English
  5. Padraig Mannion
  6. Declan Hannon
  7. Dan Morrissey
  8. Colm Galvin
  9. Darragh Fitzgibbon
  10. Daniel Kearney
  11. Peter Duggan
  12. Cathal Mannion
  13. Aaron Gillane
  14. John Conlon
  15. Graeme Mulcahy

All largely nonsense until the last two games are played, but that would be my 15 at this point.

They may as well pay out on that. Win or lose in the Final, ye are guaranteed 4/5 and he is one.

Agree on that. His brother Tom was probably our frontrunner before yesterday but might have played his way out of it, a strong final and he could be back in. One if not two of our full back line will get in, two if Burke is out of the running. Cian Lynch will get one as well. Quaid is in the picture all of a sudden if they are struggling for enough Limerick players outfield to give one to. One of our corner forwards too, likely Gillane.