Hurling All Stars

Iā€™d say Morrissey, Gillane And Quaid for definite. Lynch will get the MF berth as well.

Powers are

Eoin Murphy 8/11
Nickie Quaid 2/1

Pointless looking at players other than Limerick until after Sunday.

If we win it, weā€™ll get 7 or 8; if we lose, we may only get 3.

Quaid, Finn, English, Hannon, both Morrisseys, Lynch, Hegarty, Hayes, Gillane, Mulcahy all in with a shout depending on their final performances.

Kyle needs a big final to dislodge Fitzgibbon for Young Hurler of the Year.

If Clare win Colm Galvin is buying money. He was unreal Saturday. He changed the game single handily.

And Kelly

We wonā€™t get 8. There is precedent for the winning team not getting the most all stars in recent years. On yesterdayā€™s performance Mike Casey is in with a chance too, especially if Burke is out injured.

And Duggan.

Absolutely

It was Galvinā€™s first big game this year. A few lads have Pat Oā€™Connor who has had some good moments but Jack Browne has been Clareā€™s most effective and consistent back all year. Yet to have a poor game in league or championship

Mark Coleman wont be getting one anyway - Second year in a row where he hasnt really performed at Croke Parkā€¦ tho he did score a monster point I think.

cc @Sidney

Seamus Harnedy and Daniel Kearney probably the only Cork lads in with a shout.

Murphy
Finn
Casey
Browne
Mannion
McInerney
Crummey
Lynch
Fitzgibbon
Duggan
Reid
Kearney
Gillane
Conlon
Mannion

Very few backs have stood out, thought Crummey was good when I saw Dublin. May have missed an obvious one or two

I think Hannon is likely to get one. I canā€™t see McInerney get one.

And a sideline. He played ok yesterday

Richie English has put his hand up the last two games ā€¦Brilliant yesterday.

1 Like

Hegarty, Mulcahy, English and Sean Finn after yesterday have a great chance.

Itā€™ll come down to the final for a lot of them, most of the team have been consistently very good if not spectacular. But good enough that a strong performance in the final and a win will prob have themin with a shout.

2 Likes

I forgot Hegarty. Heā€™s having a super year.

1 Like

Hegarty is an absolute warrior. I couldnt be happier for him coming from a Junior A club down through the years in the middle of the city.

Very calm level headed fella as well.

1 Like