Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Richie Hogan this evening was a shot in the arm for those who yearn for the artist being allowed flourish and bless us mortals with their expression of artistry most high.
The race to the bottom in hurling is still gathering steam on a momentum unstoppable as with all things artistic being reduced to a science. Hogan for a little while this evening reminded me what it felt like to be a child.

10 Likes

I watched the hurling today with 4 or 5 people who I respect and we broke into applause as Richie did his thing in the final quarter.

The goal and the point were things of absolute beauty.

We were close to tears to think that someone who was in the thick of things when Kilkenny were in their pomp back in those halcyon days could still turn up in front of nobody in November and give a performance like that. There’s little or nothing to be gained for Richie at this stage yet he went out tonight and made us smile.

6 Likes

The man loves his hurling, he’s obsessed with the game.

1 Like

Nice to see a place for a small man, who’s a non athlete, in the game.

1 Like

twee

10 Likes

Too many Louis Mulqueens and not enough Justin McCarthys these days

3 Likes

You have to love it.

I love hurling more than anything in the world and to see an artist do his thing tonight made me smile like I haven’t smiled in months.

I’m watching Richie Hogan now since he was 16 and he still has that unpredictability that only the All time greats have.

A true Hall of Famer.

3 Likes

Or even Sean Stacks in their wellies

2 Likes

And the bucket of sliothars

2 Likes

Hurling is more than a game for the likes of WOD or Gearoid Hegarty to maraud their way forward.

There is an art to it and thank God Richie Hogan showed us tonight that there’s a place for the little guy amongst the madness.

1 Like

Imagine Reid and Hogan were subs in 08’

Kilkenny mustve been the best 1/4 shots of all time.

christ

12 Likes

Ah ffs selfie where is the geography lesson for us rural simpletons. ??

I posed a question today and it seems like hurling has not grown again this year

They don’t want hurling to grow

You are a shrewd hurling man mate. You called it. 6 teams left are either Tipp or border Tipp

4 Likes

Typical Galway, salvage defeat from the jaws of victory. And a goalkeeping error to cap it off :laughing:

1 Like

Grow what ?? Longer hair hair ? Toenails ??

:popcorn:

Laois are making progress to be fair.

Is there no one with a few bob in the county to help out with a couple of physio wages?

Surely it wouldnt break the bank.