Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Not a problem the way they are going

True, but I still prefer to be in the spot we are in this evening than your hapless lot.

As @Big_Dan_Campbell said, with Davy, it’s the hope that kills you. We need a fresh voice and a refreshed approach. We’re not at the top level yet but we’re a lot better than we showed in the 2 games this winter.

It’s just nice to see KK doing to other teams what they did to us for years. Except at the time, we’d be accused of being soft or lying down to be tickled.

Eddie Brennan will do a fine job with Wexford next year. There’ll be some fireworks when he faces Cody in the Leinster Final

3 Likes

I think it’s truly sad what happens to Davy teams after 2-3 years. Clare were a young team when he ground the spirit out of them, as are Wexford now. Kilkenny have consistently demonstrated under Cody how the game should be played if you are interested in winning rather than avoiding losing.

3 Likes

The lack of a plan B is the killer with any Davy team. The headless passing around the backs is
worse than Langering in it to a crowd space. Last year was their chance, he is done

I’m out of the bed and sober again and actually, every single one of our Galway lads tried and tried. It was an epic game. You can only be delighted with the effort.
We will go again.

10 Likes

I thought so too. I just hope he puts that error behind him. He’s only a lad. Can’t do anything about it now. Forget it completely and move on. A couple of his pic outs were absolutely top class, and none of them levitate above a half forward a la skehill.

In fairness Tony og was better than given credit for in a position we had had trouble with for years. He was always brilliant for rhn.

The more you think about Wexford yesterday the worse it gets. Clare were down Conlon, Browne, Mcinerney and Shanagher from when they met earlier in the year and that is before you look at those who are currently not on the panel but there are another 3 or 4 players who would walk back into the team if they committed.

It was an real honest display from Clare but realistically given the amount of inexperience on the team and lack of a real scoring threat outside of Kelly they shouldn’t be beating any of the other main hurling counties all things being equal at this moment in time yet after about 20 odd minutes once Kelly fired over them two points in the corner they never really looked troubled or in danger of letting Wexford back into it.

Great credit to Lohan, he has obviously got the group motivated and has made changes each day and found a bit of depth despite the injuries and unavailability. All you can ask for as a fan is honesty of effort from the team on the field and we are getting that but it hasn’t always been a given over the last 8 or 9 years so makes yesterday’s win all the more enjoyable. Lohan had unearthed a few solid lads in Hayes and Taylor while Diarmuid Ryan did well off the bench and the two McCarthy’s were up for the scrap yesterday and are suited to this time of year. If we can coax a bit of consistency out of David Fitzgerald and Diarmuid Ryan can take another step forward we would have a good number of big athletic lads in that middle third.

Conlon back at 14 next year and young Meehan and Rodgers to get some opportunities inside as well and we should have a bit more of a scoring threat

12 Likes

I assume the hurling qualifiers will be the same time slots again next weekend? Two provincial football finals down for next Sunday and Leinster football final down for 7pm Saturday night

Ye’re finished lad. Back to bed

:rollseyes:

I enjoyed every minute of it

That has gone largely unremarked upon, not to say he definitely would have picked up another yellow but twas a baffling decision by Horgan

He did pick up another yellow in the second half didn’t he? Was sure he was about to walk and was perplexed til I realised that he wasn’t booked for the first incident

I was the same :man_shrugging:t2:

Yeah he protested the yellow to the ref and Horgan did that referee thing of pointing to the far end of the pitch in response. Presumably saying he got away with one up there already. Did Lawlor catch Flynn on the helmet a bit after that again when Flynn caught the ball in his hand? Thought a second yellow was coming for that.

Artistry. cc @peddlerscross

1 Like

Ya surely more should be made of that. They should have been down to 14

He’s not a Tipp man

I think Galway will have a big say yet and I’d still have them as second favourite after Limerick.