Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I have them behind Tipp but it’s a toss up between the two. I have my fingers crossed that both teams are drawn together in the morning.

Good interview with Liam Cahill in the Sindo today.

What are your Polish in laws doing with the sindo on the coffee table?

They love Brendan O’Connor

1 Like

Is there a cafe in Poland that has a copy for customers perusal ??

The NAP cafe

4 Likes

Tipp look in decline or transition to me. I think limerick or Galway would beat them most days

They love a bit of media that knows how to tow the Government line in Poland

1 Like

I usually contemplate self harm the morning after a deafet to Kilkenny but I saw enough there last night to know that we could still hurling away in December if we made a few little adjustments and had a bit of luck with injuries.

A big ask but nothing to be pulling your hair over/slicing your tummy over.

1 Like

You’d restore a man’s faith in this forum just by actually reading and understanding what I said as opposed to repeatedly arguing something I didn’t say. Fair play.

That’s a super post. It was a throwback. When it happened I realised that hurling still has space for those moments of magic. Beautiful.

1 Like

I find that even Tipp people who hate Kilkenny make an exception for Richie Hogan.

1 Like

There is so much that is admirable about that Kilkenny team and it probably isn’t recognised often enough because everyone (myself included) is sick of the cunts because they have won so much. Talent wise this team is a pale shadow of their 4 in a row team. On ability alone I would have them 4th or 5th in the rankings. The phrase “more than the sum of their parts” could have been coined to describe them. Honesty, courage selflessness and the ability to just stay fucking going when things are going to shit set them apart. How Cody has managed to create and sustain this culture over 20 odd years is remarkable.

14 Likes

Was it just one goal chance all game?

Somebody throw up shane Downing’s goal for nap in a club game a few years back so we can compare.

1 Like

Taylor has a lot to learn, full of heart but very naive yet. Spent the entirety of the second half yesterday 5 yards behind his man.

Every time fitzgerald is dropped he comes back and gives a decent performance the next day and you wonder why he was dropped in the first place.

What was Murphy at all in the second half, twice needlessly rampaging out of his goals like some kind of mad gorilla, yielding a score to Hogan on both occasions. It’s one area Galway have always lacked in, between the sticks. Colm Callinan is the only half decent keeper the county has produced in the last 30 years.

You must be like a dart board at this stage …

1 Like

He had to come out for the second one, Richie Hogan had been left completely unmarked

1 Like

Is this not a free in?