Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

For a shoulder? Your man was looking for it and got it. Great hit

3 Likes

Play on!

2 Likes

More showldering and less rubby tackling. We’ll save Hurling yet

1 Like

Did Padraic Mannion go off after that hit yesterday? Looked like it could have been a broken collarbone

The rule on charging with the ball is misunderstood a lot (and fellas calling it barging drives me mad altogether). But a should charge is defined and it is a rule that you are not allowed to charge with the ball. That would seem a textbook example of charging with the ball and a free to cork.

Refs definitely clamping down on the high arm tackle this winter. It’s a good thing.

Go on. Enlighten us so.

I think you are misunderstanding the rule on charging mate

4 Likes

Perhaps.

Ronan Maher came out straight with the ball and the Cork lad came in to shoulder him. You’d essentially be penalising Ronan Maher for being stronger than the Cork lad

5 Likes

As I see it.

Maher is running a straight line into empty space. Corky cuts across to try and stop him with a shoulder. Maher braces himself and keeps going.

I’d be apoplectic if a free was given against my team for Maher’s play there.

2 Likes

Maher turns his body to aim a shoulder at yer man. He’s not allowed do that.

Says who?

The rules of hurling.

Post up the rule. It would be very odd if you weren’t allowed shoulder somebody who is trying to shoulder you

As I said during the match yesterday he doesn’t have the instinct of a real inside forward or the economy of hurling to be a sharp shooter inside. He is game though and works tirelessly without the ball. I’d take him all day over someone like Aaron Cunningham putting in half hearted token tackles and hiding from work off the ball.

1 Like

You can’t charge an opponent unless they are in possession of the ball or you are competing for the ball. You are not allowed to charge while you have possession of the ball.

In the above clip, Maher is not allowed to charge the cork player.

Rule 5.28 (b)(i)

Fairly terrible rule as there is no definition of a “charge”.

He’s running towards space and the Cork man comes in to challenge him so he turns his shoulder towards him. Not charging. Charging is trying to go straight out through a man, not turning a shoulder towards him

1 Like

That’s your roaster Kilkenny roots coming through