Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Why would he be hated? Loughnane called out bullshit when he saw it and could be ruthless but he treated the players and fans with respect.

They all sound half mad, even fully mad in Clare.

1 Like

Did Davy not treat his players with respect? His players love him don’t they?

I thought Davys players would run through a brick wall for you

I thought it was very noticeable after the match how the Clare players lined up almost to go and fist bump him

1 Like

Seemed that way in 2013

Nope, look at how he handled the Cathal O’Connell incident in 2014 and the Davy O’Halloran incident in 2015

1 Like

It’s an insult to hurling that it is even being discussed.

Not Honan anyway.

It’s something that happens in sport a lot, always wanting to be the underdog and written off and as Davy says, the little fish. But it’s only going to work so much. The successful teams that dominate and are always there have confidence and think they’ll win no matter who they play. If you’re good enough you should play that way, not always being the underdog and weak one. Granted, being over confident isn’t always a good thing, but having belief in yourself as being better rather than being an underdog is a better trait for success

He created a serious divide among clare players. He treats players differently which isn’t fair.

In 2013 clare were winning. It’s when you start losing you really see a managers man management ability.

A few clonlara lads?

Sure aren’t they all half mad themselves

Another trait of Davy’s and it has been mentioned here about only using 17 to 19 lads this year for Wexford is that he most certainly has his favourites who get picked game in game out regardless of form. Happened in Waterford, Clare and Wexford.

1 Like

Davy reminds me of Michael Jordan, constantly imagining slights as a method for driving himself on. He’s a siege mentality between himself and the World basically. There’s a savage intinsity to the man

2 Likes

I think the sidelining of Kinnerk and Joe O’Connor in 2014 was an utterly bizarre move by Davy too. All the more bizarre they went back in 2016 to more of the same.

I have said here before, he will run a set up to a very high standard and is very good at raising money. There is no doubting his commitment and intensity but I think the problem is that he struggled to realise there is a world outside of hurling and while it is life and death to him it’s not to everyone else.

Yup. Players starting on that wexford team due to name and reputation and not form. Breeds complacency and means there is no competition for places

There was plenty against him in the lead up to and including 2013 mind you.

Waterford will give Limerick a rattle today. Mightn’t be enough to get them over the line but this will be the first proper challenge Limerick will have to face in this year’s championship.

1 Like

Was there though? Aside from people being critical of the short passing stuff which you will always get I don’t think there was much else in terms of criticism of pressure on him.