Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

The debate was about Joe vs. Joe

Was it Tony Dempsey that was in charge in 2001? John Conran took over after Dempsey.

2 Likes

Are you still pining for Cody to be sacked?

2 Likes

Yes, correct.

Ok but that doesn’t answer my question

I thought he suggested in the book that the TV wasn’t worth too much to him

Strangely enough, despite not being originally mentioned, the conclusion was that Limericks Gillane is the best.

1 Like

I’d say there’s plenty of lads got trials / time on the panel that Cody couldn’t get them to commit to his way of thinking. The KK team in their pomp literally ran themselves into cruiciates and all kinds of injuries… That’s the buy in Cody wants. Everything and anything for the team .

De fuq ?? :smiley::laughing::flushed:

Would be his main source of income aside from the Wexford gravy provided by @Bandage

I don’t believe he had ever had what would be called a 9 to 5 job in his adult life. More power to him.

Ah if you were to go by the cranks on the INTERNET (I know), there was plenty of badness towards him and it wasn’t for softening after the All Ireland win

Do we even know what this alleged abuse was?

Probably one lad who bellowed - “take that Davy, ya bollix” when Kelly scores the goal. An isolated shout or two and exaggerated to suit his agenda.

Always after a Davy team gets knocked out of the championship he comes out with his ‘I’m so proud of them boys’ spiel. After such an anaemic display he couldn’t say that so goes on deflection method.

Those lads who bullied him on the bus and took his shoes and pelted him with eggs created a monster that the rest of us have to suffer.

Gillane better than Joe??? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

True but another layer of stress in his life. Hes very emotional, whether that comes from bullying as a kid or perceived slights I’m not sure. Of course he can dupe the donors when the time is right so a bit of a salesman.

I’d hope it was along the lines of the Lisa Simpson Darryl Strawberry taunting antics.

Just Romer sitting there constantly going “Davy, Davy, Davy”

4 Likes

Would pat not be out for blood after that?

Gillanes record in knock out championship gameS for limerick is destroyed cork on his own despite missing a pile of chances, marked out of it by dairhi Burke and held by Kilkenny last year. It’s foolish to be mentioning him in the same breadth as Callanan and canning. He’ll need to do what he’s doing for another 2 or 3 seasons at least.

Romer is already in the bad books and doesn’t give a fuck. He was the one who stopped Pat appointing Louis Mulqueen last winter.

So he might have done it off his own bat? Who is romer, what’s his story?

The club scene is so tight you wouldn’t have many flaky lads standing out at intermediate or Senior in the first place so its essentially weeded out there.

He has over the years carried lads on the panel that would be considered lovely hurlers, gave them opportunity and didn’t step up.