Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

The other three played yesterday… Galway and Tipp had to fight for 70+ minutes

Huge Difference coming in off a win than a loss imo.

:thinking:

1 Like

in the footie back then wasnt one team on a break for 2 weeks and the other out after 6 days

it more even stephen of a break for the teams next week

Ye were decent today but a little limited up front . The 6 day turnaround is harsh

That’s a good point but two teams off the back of a win and extra days rest is a big swing.

I’m really glad for Waterford after losing my their way for a couple of years. That was a super performance out of them. If they can get gleeson back to the level he’s capable of they’ll be serious.

1 Like

Bizarre to start going long to limericks linebackers

They need to forget about Gleeson

Nonsense.

Very happy with the effort and heart in the team. Gave it their all but Limerick had too much for us on the day and deservedly won in the end. But we showed enough to say we can be a test for any side if we can recover in time for next weekend. Need more from out half forwards. It was only when Jack Prendergast went out there that we won a few. Limerick came at us in droves from there in the day 20 mins.

1 Like

Yes forget about a chap that has scored 3 points from play two games in a row.

11 Likes

Waterford would beat clare or chip stay tuned @Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

He did but I still think he can do more . That game today will stand to him .

Waterford are truly back after 2 embarrassing years. Full credit to Cahill and his team. Wouldnt be surprised to see them turn over tipp or Galway next week. There will be 5 competive teams in munster next yesr

2 Likes

Very good. He gets away with an awful amount of steps and charging though. But he mops up very well. Brother Prunty held Gillane well. Although Gillane looked lazy enough

1 Like

They can’t play galway

Why?

Gillane looked shook from the pressure of being annointed as better than Canning.

1 Like

A sliding doors moment for Wexford last November when Davy was batting his eyelids at Galway and there was talk of Liam Cahill being his successor.

2 Likes