Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Derrick finding his voice lately

I can see why people would make the case for wing back as it would allow him to get on ball facing the goal but I doubt Cahill would have any trust in him defensively to track runners and close off channels and do the unglamorous work needed from an inter county half back.

2 Likes

Derrick is emboldened after facing down a bully at the weekend

2 Likes

@BruidheanChaorthainn very uncomfortable with the justified mantle of raging hot favouritism that Limerick have earned. Some of the other Limerick posters do seem to be embracing it a bit better. Limerick would beat the pick of the other 5 teams still left.

1 Like

The only two times I remember limerick being raging hot favourites for all Ireland semi finals was 2013 and 2018. I have reason to be concerned.

You also agitated for Cody to be sacked last year so you should stick to drinking ale and hurling abuse at foreigners than commenting on hurling.

1 Like

Hard to know. He needs to get more out of him somehow. He should be a player something like lee chin only better. I think at wing back he’s forced to be involved, at midfield or half forward he can fade out. Happened Hannon a lot at half forward for his early years too, drifted out of games.

I’ve only been posting around here since September 2019. This is my first hurling championship as a contributor. Its all very new to me.

1 Like

Gobshite

Wait til end of November when the Limerick lads go quiet in case it costs them an All Ireland by saying too much on the INTERNET.

5 Likes

@Fitzy will have to pin his hopes on a Carlow win in the Joe McDonagh cup following Wexford’s exit at the weekend

The Limerick lads need to embrace it, enjoy this golden era for Limerick hurling and the second All Ireland title in four weeks time which will confirm their greatness. @BruidheanChaorthainn is like Breda and Nuala hiding under the bed fretting about the Chinese bat flu.

The triumph of experience over optimism.

The scars never heal

Lads flat out making lists and categories for a hurling championship in November :smiley: :smiley:
Gas cunts.

Enjoy it for what it is lads

@ChairmanDan telling the Limerick crowd to embrace it. He couldn’t embrace it when the Rugby Team were going in to a Rugby World Cup as the #1 ranked team though. :laughing:

10 Likes

Very hard to call this.

For Galway it’s a positive that we got a wake up call, expectations are lowered and we are underdogs. If we held on the last day there could have been a sauntering in to a semi final meeting with tipp and a hard land there. Negatives is it’s very hard find two corner backs in a week and the interplay amongst the forwards has reverted to type. Goal threat is non existent.

Tipp won’t be as bad again but they are aging, but they will fancy this as will Galway.

Everyone loves going on about the league win pre covid but tipp controlled that first half in bad conditions before switching off. There’ll be nothing in it these games take a life of their own.

4 Likes

The draw we all wanted, I think.

Clare have nothing to lose against Waterford but I just think Waterford will have too much for them.

Galway vs Tipp will be an absolute cracker. Tipp’s goal threat will mean that they are always a serious prospect and they’ll look at the chances that Kilkenny were able to create. Galway looked impressive for large periods but conceded soft frees and never looked like killing the game off. I do think Galway are moving in the right direction; it’ll be an interesting encounter. They need more from the likes of Cathal Mannion.

Ooooft.

It seems that the team whose supporters can downplay their county’s expectations the most on the INTERNET will be victorious this year @Bandage

I disagree. This year is different from any other. This is the year to go for it. Talk it up lads. Dont be afraid of it.

1 Like