Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Many parallels with Mourinho. A burning desire driven by lack of respect as a youth, players will run through brick walls initially, creates a siege mentality out of perceived sleights, has initial success on the field, eventually players grow tired of the intensity demanded and results drop off, players are scapegoated before an eventual meltdown around year 3 when they are ran out the door.

1 Like

Who did Mourinho hurl for?

Newporto

21 Likes

His family were Bohervista

1 Like

Not necessarily. He wouldn’t turn down much if the circumstances were right. It’s only a year ago Galway were supposedly interested, if he can get Wexford out of their group and put up a solid showing in the all Ireland series he will be back in vogue.

Cork, Tipp and Kilkenny wouldn’t consider an outside man let alone someone as divisive as Davy.

I think it would depend on how low a team are lack of alternatives. I could have seen him taking over Limerick after the likes of a TJ Ryan previously but they wouldn’t consider him now or any time in the near future

He is excellent at fundraising in fairness to him and is more a man to bleed big benefactors and the supporters club dry rather than a county board. He learned from that mistake in Waterford. If Offaly or Antrim could rope in some funds in that way I’d have no doubt he would take those gigs.

1 Like

Advantage Galway

Oportumna.

He never played county though.

Sporting Lisburn

The abuse allowed of referees in papers by eejits like Babs and Brian Gavin is ridiculous

11 Likes

It is a fucking disgrace . Can you imagine if a random player was picked out and a cranky ex player got a column to hone in on his mistakes.

I honestly don’t know why anyone would volunteer for intercounty refereeing. Just constant criticism, even when they get decisions right.

It’s even worse now with social media.

Hurling, in particular, is becoming impossible to referee with rampant throwing of the ball and the steps rule abused by all. When a ref does pick up on them a few times in a game they are slated for being “picky” and “not letting the game flow.”

9 Likes

Maybe they do it for the fame & all that ensues? The groupies, the drugs & the orgies with the groupies while taking drugs.

1 Like

What fucking purpose does that article serve? There’s another interview with Tom Ryan circulating from the weekend. Like, you know what you’re going to get interviewing these auld lads who just want a good bitch and moan

1 Like

Johnny Murphy is the worst referee in the country though

1 Like

My sources tell me Tony Kelly could be a doubt for the weekend.

Any movement in the markets ???

Lump the fuck on Waterford quick!

Im sure he does his best. Hate to see lads running intercounty refs down :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lohan planting a seed here or genuinely carrying a knock? Seemed far from affected the other night