Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

He died with his boots on

7 Likes

Doing what he loved.

I would imagine club league from April - July and Championship then from August.

I think most people will be very happy with that. None of this nonsense of one championship game in April and off then until September.

2 Likes

It probably mean an AI club championship run off in a calendar year.

It’s good news for the ordinary club player. Recent seasons were draining with two preseasons and teams trying to peak for a game in April and then their next one in August.

Club players may also be able to some sort of fixture calendar also.

1 Like

Several counties are going to replicate what Wexford did this season, and run off hurling and football championships consecutively.

1 Like

Only negative for me is clubs will probably be missing loads of players who will be in America for summer. Also county teams who are knocked out early their top players will head off to America too.

Please God we can have little problems again like lads going off to America for the summer next year :pray:

Meh, you can’t really plan around lads going off on a J1. Great news if it comes to pass IMO

The only difference is that the senior hurling team won’t be training when the club football championship is taking place.

Didnt Trump get rid of the J1?

Donald had the interests of rural GAA clubs at heart.

1 Like

Oh I know mate but only downside of club in August although a good few will be back.

I suppose Mick Lowry will sneak into the Gaelic grounds on Saturday mate?

If any man in the county deserves to be there it’s Mick.

Would be a fan of the provincial round robins being dropped if I’m honest. Grand if they’re just planning a one-off again next year in anticipation of lingering covid.

I’d imagine the bean counters will reinstate the round robin and super 8s as soon as it is economical to do so

5 Likes

100% - too much money to be made.

Galway v Tipp - Johnny Murphy
Waterford v Clare - Paud O Dwyer

Big game for Murphy. Hopefully goes well and keeps the whistle in his pocket for most of it.

Johnny will be ran out of the county if he doesn’t send off a load of key men from whichever team advances to face Limerick

Advantage Tipp and Clare