Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Not just covid, as we have seen with all other sports when the ramp up starts a lot of players are susceptible to soft tissue injuries and I’d expect whichever team is left standing at the end to be shorn of a few lads due to this. Depth will play a big part

Spot on. They saying in nfl the lack of pre season is a big factor in the injuries being suffered currently.

24% of players surveyed by the GPA against playing the championship.
Only 51% outright in favour of playing.
The remainder would play with improvements to restrictions and protocols.

“Players will be encouraged to hide potential symptoms of sickness and illness” - Seán Cavanagh

A reasonably sized minority but a minority none the less so big call to be made now by the powers that be. Drive on and hope that Marty crying about what it means to be Irish in December overrides the PR sh1tstorm that the games will bring or cut the losses and salvage some goodwill?

Knowing how dictatorial some managers are I think this is a safe assumption

@binkybarnes

Incidentally

Loosely translates to ‘money.

3 Likes

Lancashire is down.
I repeat, Lancashire is down.

I was listening to off the ball this morning (it was a replay) and Michael Verney was saying he’d spoken to seven intercounty managers and not one player among all of their teams have raised an issue about playing. Davy Fitz also said he has asked the wexford team on three occasions if anyone would like to back out of they aren’t comfortable going ahead and no one has put their hand up. So seems very much a case of intercounty players putting on a brace face to the rest of the group but plenty don’t like it when they can vote privately.

1 Like

I think it would depend on what county your with. Tier 1 players (like Wexford) would be keen enough to burst on whereas lower level lads are more nonchalant about it.

2 Likes

Liam O Neill says the games shouldn’t go ahead.

Liam was always very anti this.

A nicer man than he comes across.

1 Like

Who?

The championship is goosed, gents. No doubt about it.

The staking-out of agendas by the junta’s mouthpiece, RTE. has done for it. They told Marty to stand in a field, instead of by a river, and look earnest and concerned.

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

8 Likes

The lack of a river is very suspicious

The junta has got to Marty (and possibly members of the Marty squad)

3 Likes

Junta

If you don’t want to proceed with the season, don’t play. They aren’t under contract

4 Likes

They aren’t. But they’re entitled to their opinion.

TBH, if I was a Westmeath footballer I wouldn’t bother my hole putting myself forward for this given all that’s coming is a trimming from Dublin. That’s as much the issue as Covid. Players have gotten off the threadmill and truly see it for the farce that it is outside the top tier counties.

3 Likes