Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I think that is it simply . At the end of the day it is a hobby .

Sure if you’re a county player you’ve an excuse to get out of the house. That’s a golden pass in these times.

If you’re a county player with a free car, a handy job in the bank/games development officer gig, a guaranteed ride off the county chairman’s daughter … you put on your boots and entertain the beleaguered public.

5 Likes

Put the mileage rate back up to 65 cents and there won’t be a peep out of them.

If you enlist you must soldier

And then sue for loss of earnings if you picked up a dose of it on the field. A win/win

John Horan will dig in here and he is right. If the country goes to Level 5 then the championship should be cancelled. If it doesn’t go to level 5 it should proceed. At the moment we are level 3 so get on with it and fuck the hand wringers

11 Likes

We need it. If the LOI can go ahead so can the GAH

1 Like

Too many people writing it off. I still think that the championship will go ahead

1 Like

Bernard Brogan has the solution lads, no need to worry :smile:

1 Like

What a fucking idiot

I’m afraid to ask but, go on

What’s he saying? We all pay €9 to watch it on the box and the virus will leave us alone?

I’m starting to think Bernard may not be the brains of his empire

1 Like

Doesn’t Bernard own a few hotels?

The country has gone through severe recessions when Ireland didn’t have a pot to piss in, a civil war battling for independence, the atrocities in the North and God knows what else over the last 130 odd years but has always managed to plough on and complete the championship.

It’s unfathomable they don’t complete them this year. And all for this supposedly killer virus that doesn’t seriously affect the overwhelming majority of people who catch it. A total of 30 people in ICU tonight out of a population of 4.9 million.

It’s sheer lunacy what is being allowed happen. I’d imagine the depression and suicide rates will rocket if Level 5 comes in this winter for an extended period of time.

But the cases, the cases, the cases…

7 Likes

Exactly. The rubby lads flying all over Europe and not a peep out of anyone. But Kerry lads driving to monaghan is treason

1 Like

Driving their own cars a 10 hour round trap is quite dangerous, especially given they are not pro athletes

1 Like

And there in lies another issue. Theres a lawsuit just waiting to happen.