Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I thought the poor lad Hayes was it? Marking Hutchinson actually nearly beat him overall. But Hutchinson ran riot on the ball he got. Same with Shanagher, Prunty had the better of him but he was still lethal

Cody has won his last 11 semi finals and he’s 14 wins from 14 in semi finals against Munster opposition. Kilkenny have suffered a lot of sobering Championship defeats since 2016 but a shock defeat for Kilkenny next Saturday would probably be the worst of the lot. Hard though to back against that weight of history and what seems to be the near impossibility of teams playing on a 3rd weekend running winning against a side rested up.

Moved to Carlow IT and fell in with a couple of De La Salle lads who persuaded him to throw in his lot with them. It was tenuous enough really and a controversial enough transfer.

Where is he from originally? Meath? Presume he’s about 25 or so and the same age as Colin Dunford and those who hurled for Carlow IT (I think)?

Speaking of which, is Dunford still on the panel? I always liked him.

Yes he’s from Meath, Rathmoylon or some place like that.

Yes he’s back on the panel

1 Like

How about Tommy Ryan? Not a Cahill hurler?

Tommy Ryan long gone. Fanning might even have banished him.

Waterford have the momentum and beat a great Clare team. We got lucky in what was our AI final last week against a proven and teak tough Galway team who beat the reigning AI champions on a bog of a pitch. KK are relying on veterans to eek out unexpected wins. The extra game will suit Waterford too, mark my words.

Lump on the Deise lads, fill yer boots.

Waterford by 4.

3 Likes

Both Kilkenny and Waterford are in bonus territory really. Galway probably as well. Limerick would beat the pick of the three of them.

You’re some man to find a patch of long grass

2 Likes

Fanning had him in the team at times last year. Didn’t get the call from Cahill this year.

Waterford by at least 6 or 7 — Kilkenny wont be able to live with that high tempo running game.

1 Like

Plenty of people would begrudge Waterford an All Ireland.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t pal :+1:

Derek and Mullane did the sweat taking there. Got him down to join DLS and switch allegiances. He was on the U21 panel that won the All Ireland if I remember correct. Didn’t come on v Galway in the U21 final. Derek them dropped him off the senior panel in his last year in charge.
A lovely young fella.

Limerick are a quality side. It was startling punditry from Jackie Tyrell that he didn’t consider them a top 3 team last year. With Richie English coming back to fitness they have very few weaknesses.

He was right. They were a top 4 team last year and lost 3 championship games

You were right about Ian Kenny and I was wrong. He had an accomplished game today. :clap::clap:

3 Likes