Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I wonder would Brian Tyres ever do it on RTE.

It’s simple. A cynical foul preventing a chance of a goal is a penalty whether it’s inside or outside

The large parallelogram and the D. That would work.

“Admiring his handiwork” is Ger’s latest saying, he used it a few times again today.

1 Like

Maybe anywhere inside the 21 and D. A lot of goals come in from the side

1 Like

I think it should have been ‘had’ in that case

Both referees were very good today I thought.

3 Likes

Galway won and "did it with a considerable amount of style " according to Ger

I’d agree with this, but the first yellow was a joke, and, tbh, Morris didn’t deserve a second yellow either. A bizarre game that. I thought for a long time that we’d lose by ten, and all if a sudden we were only two down with a tail wind.
The sending off was the losing of it.
Tipp will always be thereabouts.
They are a summer team though. This didn’t suit them.

1 Like

Best refereeing displays of the championship

1 Like

Ger is still an improvement on Marty:

Unnecessary flourish when identifying a player

“Who else but one Colm Cooper”

When he has no idea if a ball has gone over the bar

“It’s curling, it’s curling…(10 seconds later once the scoreboard updates) and the umpire raises the white flag”

Hurler kicks in a goal

“Oh, oh, they have footballers in Clare too”

A lightning rod of cringe!

5 Likes

Best outing yet by Johnny Murphy and barely noticed O Dwyer no doubt Gavin will have a cut off them on Monday anyway

2 Likes

Heart in mouth before game starts for Lohan.

Yes some kind of two in a row I suppose

The way Waterford are hurling this year has surely proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Derek McGrath is one of the biggest bullshitters to have ever managed an intercounty team.

38 Likes

Correct. He could have even used hadn’t’ve in my book. Shocking mistake from Fagan.

Fuck Tipp

4 Likes

Probably being ironic, it’s the done thing now to say should of, could of etc

I’m not so sure. Maybe from Fagan, I’d be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Most of the others doing it are definitely just thick.

Clare could have taken them for 5 goals today. Wouldn’t happen with the double sweeper