Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Taylor is 24 or 25. He has been on the panel for the last couple of seasons and got a good bit of time off the bench last year. He is industrious and good things happen off him every game but he isn’t a natural inside forward and probably not big enough to play out the field. Will do well to keep Rodgers and Meehan out medium term but he has had a solid year.

Lohan probably got as much as he could out of the year. 26 lads got decent game time over the 4 games, some showed promise others have probably played themselves out of the 26. Out half back line is fairly mediocre and it is going to hold us back until the right players emerge. Trying to coax some consistency out of Jason McCarthy, David Fitz et al is a tall order too - they just flatter to deceive all too often.

Thought we were far too one dimensional attack wide second half but I think some of that was due to running out of steam. We gifted Waterford some awfully simple scores second half through basic bread and butter stuff. Over carrying, dawdling in possession etc which were completely unforced stuff - they capitalised on it in fairness but we gifted them 4 or 5 points which we couldn’t afford to do especially after shipping those early goals

3 Likes

@buffegan not happy about Cummins taking the RTE shilling today, vacating his role with the Kerry hurlers

I’m sure you’re rightly very proud of your friend but you’d have to understand Derek’s side here

No sense of humour?

Anyone setting up a parady account of someone else deserves to be told a few home truths every now and again I suppose.

8 Likes

Agreed. It’s not that hard of a job surely. When the club games were being streamed loads of games had dual comms just one randomer from each club, lad that did it from our club was brilliant at it and he had zero experience… He just knew his stuff and had a bit of prep done… Canning does fuck all I’d say

Setting up a parody account of Derek McGrath, your buddy sounds like a serious, serious, gas ticket altogether

3 Likes

Sweet fuck all. And he has no innate knowledge of the game. You’d think he’d have picked up a few bits and pieces at this stage. But he seems wilfully ignorant

Maybe he shouldn’t take himself too seriously,I’d suggest?
Especially as he won fuck all with a visually unpleasant style of hurling that went against the grain of what you’d traditionally associate with Waterford.
Only an opinion
You didn’t hear of Brian Cody freaking out over Mario portraying him as Freddy Kruger?

Different fish

1 Like

You’re raging you didn’t think of it first.

Only 6 of Waterford’s starting 15 today, started the 2017 All Ireland final.

9 Likes

Waterford are back.

Some transition. We’re still looking to the class of 17 to bring us over the line.

We’ve seven who were playing in 2014

Coen Burke and Canning there since 12 with skehill and Niall Burke playing that day

1 Like

We had 4 who started the 09 final.

2 Likes

A new dawn. Not relying on the same handful of lads either to get shit done

Today was a great day for Tipp.
The messiah was revealed in PUiC.
When he gets the job and introduces some of last years U21s a new dynasty will emerge

5 hall of famers who started in 2009/2010.

Ye will give the cats a good rattle if we don’t do it I wouldn’t begrudge ye in the slightest too long waiting

1 Like

A nice transition of players. We don’t realize ourselves we are brining players through despite the lack of titles underage. Very good crop coming through in the next couple of years as well,