Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Will sheedy stay for a year of transition I wonder.

Good few of them played the munster final vs Limerick in 2013.

That was a very good minor team.

If the round robin resumes next year, the 2021 Munster championship will be an absolute bear pit.

Waterford have been a gimme for the last 2 years but to have five teams going at it would be off the chain.

2 Likes

Goes to show how important a competent management team is.

The GAA floated plans this week for next year which sees a similar structure to this year with intercounty finished up in July

Sheedy has recently announced he is leaving the bank. My guess is he is going go a job with his Portroe buddies in Teneo. Tipp would be better off getting Cahill in now

Cahill seems like a straight shooter. Hard to see him leaving Waterford in the lurch now for a few years yet. Let Sheedy deal with the last embers of the careers of the older players and Cahill can ride in to the rescue promising a youth revolution.

3 Likes

We can never go back to the round robin nonsense that ended up with Laois in an All Ireland Quarter Final.

A Tipp man will always answer the call when it comes

Waterford’s hard running will cause serious issues for Kilkenny, I think.

It’s very impressive stuff. They’ll be disappointed with the goals conceded though and Kilkenny will believe they can get at them in a similar way. If Aron Shanagher can cause that damage, imagine what TJ Reid could potentially do inside. Maybe Lyons will be given a similar role as he was today.

Especially with Teneos €€€€€€ backing

1 Like

Gotta respect him for going off and earning a few more spurs.

There’s something absolutely iconic about this Waterford team.

The likes of Gleeson, Bennett, Caylum and Barron popping up everywhere and Jake Dillon emptying himself after 50 minutes.

There’s a freestyle to them that’s highly entertaining and unlike Tipp in full flow who know what they are at, these lads are completely making it up as they go along.

7?

SOKY, TDB, Moran, Barron, Dillon, Gleeson, Kieran Bennett.

1 Like

Kevin Moran is some warrior as well to be fair.

Given some serious time to the cause down there.

1 Like

He is enjoying his hurling at 7 again.

1 Like

It’ll be some kick in the whole for Derek when Cahill wins an All-Ireland with Waterford either this year or over the next couple of years.

How long a term did Cahill agree with Waterford ??

3 years I think, mate.

1 Like