Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

They’ll hardly sue for breach of contract :joy:

In fairness I’d say he’d be delighted.

2 Likes

I think, off the top of my head, that that was the highest score Waterford ever clocked up
In the championship

They put up two big scores in the qualifiers in 2017. Didn’t they put 40 points on Laois or Offaly and a big score on Kilkenny albeit after extra time

1-35 against Offaly still remains the benchmark- fair play. We only got 4-23 against KK AET.

Floodlights seem to lead to very high scoring games for some reason.

Something I noticed yesterday as well was that there was around a dozen yellow sliothers behind one of the goals at one stage and refs were allowing very quick puck outs - normally in summer conditions the umpire would have a handful of sliothers and the rapid fire puckouts would be clamped down on. Certainly leads to the ball being in play more

Thought Davy mc was well off the pace yesterday, Morley MIA too.

Yeah and the majority of lads unavailable or opted out are in the forwards. I said it earlier in the championship that if you took the pick of the Clare and Cork defences you still wouldn’t have a unit good enough to stop the top teams.

Quilligan, Hayes and Cleary about the only three lads who can be sure if their places from 1 to 9 next spring.

Of course he would, he’s a gent. Silly to think otherwise.

Impressed with cleary the last 3 days but id bre concerned with him in the summer.

He is a stopper at three and is honest. He is a better centre back but take him out of full back there is no real alternative.

1 Like

They put up 2-22 against Cheddars Laois in 2014, Laois got 1-15. Neil Foyle opened the scoring with a goal from the throw in.

Very weird statement, Derek is Waterford through and through. He’d be first onto the pitch with the shirt off you’d imagine.

With Tipperary out of the way Kiely & Co will feel good about their semi final.
Now, the potential final pairing in KK or Waterford throws up polar opposites for Kiely.

• revenge if KK are the final opponents
  • dread if they have to face Liam Cahill in a rematch, he’ll have them figured out and it’s a Waterford AI if they beat KK.

Lovely bit of drama ahead.

1 Like

The players loved mcgrath as well.

The mistake he made was going on the sunday game. He is different and some of the more backwards gaa following types don’t like different

2 Likes

He was fucked over by all & sundry when he was rightfully the man for the job. I was disgusted with how the affair was handled tbh.

It’s a strange auld logic, I doubt there is an all Ireland manager outside of the traditional big three who would begrudge their own county an all Ireland or relative success and take it as a severe blow to their own ego or legacy if their county were successful after they left.

I doubt there is one in the big three. I’d go as far as saying I’d be confident there isn’t

Not even Davy in your opinion?

Sure he loves this group of players - said it himself last week. Meant the world to him that they came over and bumped elbows with him. How could he begrudge them success? He would hardly be disingenuous in his media utterances.

1 Like