Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

But all errors are not created equally. The first two goals came from Clare defenders unable to deal with straightforward long balls when they were in position to do so

1 Like

Which is what having someone back there helps mitigate against? If you’re one on one a mistake is magnified, in my opinion, you can’t mitigate for all mistakes but neither can you plan for none

Tbf Cork were hurling a lot better in the first half of that game when Coleman was free

Are you not willing to stand by your assertion that a sweeper should have been played in front of DH?

Look, DMcG is routinely talking bullshit, whether on the telly or in print. Talking about one forward marking three backs is straightforward bullshit. DMcG’s main argument? No more than the choreography of a grimace. And ‘learnings’. Oh god, loads of ‘learnings’…

Fitzgerald, Cusack and McGrath are a blight on hurling. Meanwhile Éamon O’Shea, John Kiely, Paul Kinnerk, Liam Cahill and Michael Bevans are adding something to the furtherance of hurling.

7 Likes

I’m talking to more reasonable people than yourself at the moment.

If you’d like an argument come back later, asshole

But Rory Hayes wasn’t left one on one with DH…

Ok he wasn’t. They doubled up on Dessie and 3-6 didn’t come off him, Clare won the game comfortably and Rory Hayes got the man of the match

That’s very snide

And James Horan

I’m dealing with a very snide individual

So you’re wrong then? DH wasn’t left one on one with Rory Hayes

you’re right. some of the time there was nobody marking him

Well, you are talking at such a level of generality that the point simulanteously means everything and means nothing… i could agree with you – but what would the agreement achieve?

Defenders need to cut out errors, same as infants need to be potty trained.

Wasn’t Cleary not more than 6/7yards from Rory Hayes for the second DH goal no??

Marking a man. Rory Hayes is the last man. One on One with Dessie Hutchison. Now if you’d like to argue with that, go right ahead

There’s 5 Waterford attackers in that picture and 6 Clare backs and dessie is still one man away from goal. Madness

:laughing: Ah stop… that’s what you think being left one on one means??

So where would you like to place your sweeper there now? :popcorn:

Going by that logic every single defender that marks a forward is left “one on one”.

He was isolated with Dessie with an acre of space in front of them for the majority of the game. The proof is in the pudding fella. Dessie done wreck and Hayes didn’t even have a bad game.

You’re only arguing because its me making the point

No, I’m not, don’t be such a weirdo. I’m arguing the point because it’s incorrect. RH was not left ‘one on one’ with DH for any of DH’s goals.

You’re being blackguarded here