Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Both took heavy beatings early enough into their managerial careers and I think it had a big bearing on how both set their teams up.

1 Like

Dónal O’Grady…?

That man suggested Tipperary should play without a centre back in the 2016 AIF.

Dónal O’Grady… A Led Zeppelin of ego and shite.

Pauric Mahoney was probably the only conventional forward in the starting team in the 2017 season.

Gleeson and brick played in the half back line the following season iirc. Shane Bennett was wing back in the 2013 minor team and features in the half back line/midfield for the club. Dillon a great worker but not really an inside forward.

Must be remembered that Waterford have a generation who won a Minor in 2013 and backed it up with an utterly dominant U21 campaign in 2016. They obliterated Galway in that final. That’s a good base to be picking from.

1 Like

Barring a bad wide from, I think Barron, but I’m not sure, I reckon Waterford would have won in 17.
They have always had some absolutely outstanding players.

You’ve interacted with me in person, face to face, at least twice before without you even realising it my friend. We shared each other’s company and had a nice chat. It’s unbelievable how easily paths can cross.

Anyway, have a good day

and I’m sure if I met you again you’d have an equally pleasant experience.

1 Like

Yes, Johnny Coen is struggling, big time, which makes it difficult to release Pádraic Mannion to centre back. You need to use the ball well when Limerick give it up and Gearóid McIneney is not your man there.

I don’t think GMAC has the mobility for centre back in the current game, but he gives it all he has.

Indeed I will. You are a creature of pattern, so it won’t be too difficult. I’ll be sure to introduce myself and we can discuss how snide I am then.

Good point actually. Parallels with NPHET.

Yep. Even though. He was outstanding. Covid fucked them.

1 Like

I think DOG is a bit of an arsehole myself but the point is that two commentators why clearly know a bit about it suggested the same thing. You ridiculed it but it wasn’t a ridiculous suggestion and you aren’t the font of all wisdom.

Moran

3 Likes

Threats in real life :laughing: :laughing:

Not snide at all. A lovely fella.

Any time mate.

:exploding_head:

Well, I think playing a sweeper against Tipperary, on the basis of what we have seen from them over the last six seasons, is utterly ridiculous – a narcisstic tic rather than a solid tactic. And the videotape would be my friend.

They were coming and coming. That wide seemed to be pivotal at the time. I’m not singling Moran out, he had a great season, anyone could have hit it, and I can’t be objective watching Galway, but Waterford were just rising relentlessly. That season once they got their tails up they were a force to be reckoned with.

He does, he does.

Brian Hogan was no stylist either. Nor Peter Barry.

As touched on above, I tend to watch any and every Galway back seven from behind my my fingers.