Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

slippy Casey me bollix :grinning: it will be some game all the best my man

1 Like

History always looks fondly on the winner, nothing anyone can do about that implosion from Cark now, pal.

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

Didn’t Cork bring back on two injured players?

1 Like

Ref rode Cork red raw that day. Saved us an awful trimming in the final.

4 Likes

Would Galway or cark have had more injuries in the final?

2 Likes

Kilkenny under Cody have won their last 11 semi finals. They’ve won 14 out of 14 under Cody against Munster opposition. Throw in a semi final win over Waterford in 1998, the year before Cody took over and its 15 out of 15 against Munster opposition.

2 Likes

Law of averages favours Waterford.

1 Like

I know a lad from Waterford who won’t hear of defeat

If Waterford are able to maintain the work rate from the last two games they should sneak it.

They didn’t play KK in their last game though. Even Limerick couldn’t live with KK’s intensity the last time they played them in the Championship.

Sure we lost in 2005 to Galway and I distinctly remember because I was there on both occasions losing to Galway on '01 and Clare in '97.

Edit : you said Munster opposition. '97 still stands though.

I was thinking did I dream the Kevin Broderick wonder point in 01? That was a Semi Final was it not?

Waterford are due a win.

Embarrassing climbdown there for the forum statsman. Oooofffft.

Yep the Semi - all whilst they belted out the Fields of Athenry in the background. A miserable day.

1 Like

Didn’t Waterford win the last one against Kilkenny in 2017? Not due another one for about 60 years.

Waterford hammered Cork in the semi that year.

Kilkenny have been beaten/knocked out by a Munster team in the championship every year since 2015.

2016 Tipp
2017 Waterford
2018 Limerick
2019 Tipp