Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Nice one :wink:

Can you forward to the mail address below please -
BNo.3Cody1982@gmail.com

1 Like

It will surely be curtains for Brian Cody should they lose on Sunday to Waterford, given it will have been 5 years since their last All Ireland victory, which should be considered mediocrity in a county of Kilkenny’s stature?

16 out of 18 semi final wins for Cody as manager. Galway the only side that Cody has lost a semi final to in 2001 and 2005.

2 Likes

It’s called a famine. Also known as a thundering disgrace.

Sure every college professor will tell you not to use wikipedia as a source and try to pass it off as your own knowledge.

An appalling vista
GUB

@dodgy_keeper

1 Like

The thread is lovely now the Limerick lads have retreated behind the printer. Leave them be.

2 Likes

We’re still here turf muncher

1 Like

They’re taking it in shifts. Wait til they get under pressure, that’s when they wheel out the real big swinging dick.

@balbec has them well in hand

1 Like

They are cowering somewhere in a dark corner of the board, just as their team fumbles in PJ’s greasy til. Afraid a stray syllable will smite them low.
It’s actually fascinating to watch.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say that Limerick fear nobody, but I also think it’s fair to say they’d rather be facing Tipp than Galway. Some teams just suit others and vice versa. Limerick seem well equipped to impose their own game on Tipp and nullify Tipp’s strengths. They’ve a great record against them in meaningful games in recent years. But I reckon Galway pose a stronger and more difficult challenge.

Not that the other areas are weak, but I feel Limerick’s dominance comes from Byrnes through to T Morrissey, albeit that 5-12 sector is more than half the team. A physically imposing half back line, Hannon sitting deep to protect the full back line and initiate attacks, a combative midfielder matched with a playmaker, athletic wing forwards that eat up the ground, make tackles, set up and take scores and then Lynch who can do everything. I reckon that Galway are very strong in that area too and that makes it so interesting. They also have players that can match Limerick for size and power. I’m very much looking forward to this game.

14 Likes

The enormity of this game just hit home while reading your post.

2 Likes

Galway physically are the biggest team in hurling and have been for the bones of the last decade, they are the original blue print for huge athletic hurlers. It’s just one more area Lmk will have to contend with.

Should be a cracker. Galway will have the physicality for us no doubt. However if they play a sweeper and allow us to play Hannon as an out and sweeper rather than a #false6 it’ll be right up our street. Their ball into the full forward line last weekend was absolutely woeful. We will ate them if they do that again.

A few tweaks though and they’ll be very difficult to beat. Whelan and Concannon are as dangerous a front two as there is, with the Joe show wandering around as well always capable of a moment of magic.
They’ll have the strength and legs to take us on in the middle third. That’ll be a war zone no doubt. All about who uses the ball better from what they win there then.
I’m confident our overall use of the ball through the lines into the corners etc will see us through. But it’ll be a right battle.
We don’t have a great record going up against limerick managers in big games.

2 Likes

Ye don’t have a great record full stop mate

5 Likes

That’s for sure man in glass house throwing stones

5 Likes

There’s a record level of funding gone into this team in fairness

1 Like