Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

McDonagh vs McManus: Battle of the Bulging Pockets

Beaten ye the last four times we played ye though.

2 Likes

I remember a league match in the Gaelic Grounds in 2017 against Galway, and it was noticeable how much they bullied us physically. They threw us around the place that day and we just couldn’t live with it.

They did that to everyone in 2017 really, but Limerick were particularly young & light, I think and their hurling was affected as a result.

I think we match up well with them physically now; Galway are still arguably the biggest team around. If we do have an advantage in that middle third, it’s in athleticism. The engine on some of those lads is incredible; Tom Morrissey, for example, isn’t particularly quick but he’ll run all day for you. Galway perhaps getting on a bit? Physically, there’s no way we’ll bully them but we might be able to get through that bit more work, hopefully.

3 Likes

Need to be careful with the free count as well. Supermacs guy doesn’t miss too many.

1 Like

guffaw

oooft. you’ve really opened up your legs the last two balls you’ve gotten.

Keep hitting into balbecs corner lads, he has fattyhurler bateing up a stick

I’m telling ye all week Limerick will win by 6 or 7 because it’ll be a close game :man_shrugging:

The Galway lads have brought a ferocious intinsity this week in fairness to them but they’ve been dispossessed more times than Gearóid McInerney was in the 2018 final

Incredible is one word for it…

1 Like

their big lads are slow.

our big lads are rockets - except Hannon

Bar Whelan. He’s ridiculously quick and the size of him. A monster.

Don’t worry about the free count sure the main reason ye won in 18 has that covered from the middle Sunday

Lk played them twice in the space of a fortnight then and the gap was noticeable on both ties

1 Like

the Dow?

Does JP use horsey rocket fuel?

does McDonagh use supermacs curry? You silly twat.

Send in more lads Galway

In pure GGA journalist tradition, I think it’s safe to say that the All Ireland Final in 2018 wasn’t actually won when Limerick beat Galway in the final. It was won when Limerick played them in the league earlier that season having been bullied the year previously, as @Aristotle alluded to, and came back from a large half time deficit to win.

1 Like

You’re a wanker

1 Like

Galway lost in 2018 because of James Owens’ behaviour in the drawn match against Kilkenny not because of anything that happened in a league match.

1 Like

It was won when Mulcahy shouldered Coleman

8 Likes

Judging by our sluggishness in the last ten minutes of matches you could be on to something.

did I upset you?

good