Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I was at it as well. We looked flogged and leggy that day to be honest. I’d say the training in 2017 was cruelty, the load must have been phenomenal

We might need the physicality in the half forwards.

I don’t want Nash anywhere near Whelan like

It really is the obvious weakness which O’Neill will look to exploit. Whelan has turned into some machine

I wouldn’t expect him to be. If they play two inside Nasher will go out half back. If he starts.

It would be madness to start English in a game like this after 6 months + out.

1 Like

Absolute insanity.

The Limerick way

1 Like

The old way. This is the new Limerick.

it would be a risk. But playing Nash back corner back is a risk in itself too. English is as good a corner back as is out there.

He’s on the panel and has been training away with the lads. If he is fully recovered I see no reason not to play him

Is that you Davy?

This is the way

This is the way.

Galway also have a serious set of long range scorers from the middle third, it’s hard for a half back line to sit back against that. Limerick’s game relies on our half forwards working back to kill that space but I think Galway present a different proposition in long range scoring potential than most other teams.

I don’t agree with this. If they set up with a sweeper then we have a man free at the back automatically and to an extent they can dictate who that man is. If we have a man free at the back it is hard to then work a second man, Hannon, to get into his free role also. If Dan is free then it’s harder to work Hannon free, and hard for them not to both be free in the same space on the field.

But anyway we’ll go out and play our game and not worry too much about what the Galway lads are doing.

Huh? Not unless they Lar Corbett us and try to mark our backs. Hannon goes free and Nash or Dan comes out half

It is not needed, you bring back O’Donovan, put Lynch at centre forward, game over.

That worked very well against Tipp alright

Dan or Nash goes where? 6? And Hannon is in the D or in front of where a traditional full back plays? And in that case the only ball goes to the corners and Hannon is taken out of the game. It can quite easily play into their hands too.

The Limerick management obviously know it’s a possibility that Galway will play a sweeper; there shouldn’t be any issue at all getting Dec free if that’s what they want. There is a good chance that Dan will be the one; he’s very good at reading the game.

That can happen in any game mate.

Yes I’d expect if the same six backs started as the last day and Galway play a sweeper Kyle or Dan will go centre and Nash or Dan will go half. Otherwise as you say Hannon and whoever will be looking at each other