Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

That’s only if they play 1 inside.

If not, nothing changes

This happened at times versus Waterford

I think the key is to stop goals. Hannon or whoever isn’t going to cut out every single ball, a good ball can always cut out the sweeper but him being there adds security and we’ll probably get even more reward from work rate from our half-forwards/midfield.

hannon or a player in a similar role is only effective if the ball in is put under savage pressure.

A player at this level with time to deliver, and allowing the man inside time to make a run will kill a sweeper, as the key to beating is inside to outside ball.

If the forwards are working hard to force lads outside and striking quickly, it will allow hannon to effectively cut out a world of ball

Agreed. It’s also where you are delivering the ball from; if you deliver from too deep, it’s a lot easier for the sweeper to cut it out.

It’s something which might make them think about Kyle back in the forwards as a prolific tackler. The other side is you might want him at HB to pressure the Galway puckout; as we’ve said, Galway are a big, strong team.

Not really. Two inside, ball only going to corners, Hannon sitting in the middle.

He could put Paddy O’L in there for size if he wanted and marry that with Kyler in the half forwards. His tackling is massive there - he’s right in the zone where Galway are distributing from. Or Flanagan could start at 11 to upset lads

but he knows which corner it’s going in and he’s the only spare man.

I’m a big fan of Lynch at 11 I think it adds a whole new dimension to our forwards. But I can see an argument for Kyle at half forward agin Galway, more opportunity for tackling and clattering lads than he had at half back. And Galway possibly less likely to take the approach of assigning someone to mark lynch out if the game at midfield as kk did or tipp tried to do.

Ah come on. Neither of those are realistic suggestions. POL not going to leapfrog two or three players at half back to start in an AI semi and same for Flanagan at 11.

POL started the year at LHB and didn’t do anything terribly wrong, Flanagan is less likely at centre forward but Reidy can’t start there either

The limerick fellas would sicken your shit with their tactical discussions. Tis far from sweepers they were reared. Let it in ta fuck!

7 Likes

That’s a long time ago. DOD available to start means Lynch can go back 11.

That worked against Tipp because it fucked their plan to mark him out of it and basically left Flynn scratching his hole.

Galway will be wise to it

Don’t see any reason why Lynch at 11 doesn’t work as our starting team full stop. DOD and WOD and midfield and Hayes wing back. I think that’s the way the team is going.

If Richie went well at the weekend, I think there’s a fair chance of him starting.

1 Like

After complaining about a Limerick PM group all of TFK will be hoping we all fuck off back there if this keeps up.

2 Likes

My source at the heart of the Limerick camp tells me they waited to see who won Galway-Tipp on Saturday and then had an A v B game on Sunday morning with the line out they think will be best suited for Galway. They got the B team to mimic the Galway set up and they went at it hammer and tongs (or hammer and thongs as @Big_Dan_Campbell would say). I understand that Kyle Hayes was back in the forwards and Richie English was corner back for the A team.

2 Likes

But shur I thought they knew Galway were going to win as they had the ref fix it cc @whingingsheedy

The B team mimicking Galway? I didn’t hear of any of our lads falling out.

4 Likes