Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Yere making an awful fuss over this for such a deep squad.

1 Like

It’s one of the areas lacking depth with English out. Also an area the likes of Joe and Whelan will drift into and make hay if allowed 1-on-1 there.

Also missing Casey back there for added support of Nash so can see where the concern arises

Nash will clean out that full forward line on his own.

No it was lads from counties that have been knocked out of the championship that were making a fuss of it mostly. Sure what would they know about it.

Limerick are that far ahead all they have to worry about is a hacker of a cornerback. It’s incredible.

Sean Finn reads the game brilliantly over in the other corner. Arguably the best defender in the game right now.

1 Like

Fennelly and Wally out.

Serious potential impact though in a final quarter.

1 Like

Could be a dummy team. Fennelly did untold against Waterford in 2016.

Has Cody much previous of Dummy teams?

Is Evan Shefflin not county standard?

Thought he’d leave Hogan on the bench and spring him as Waterford tire

If he’s playing to level he’s capable of you don’t leave him on the bench.

I’m amazed by that, but Cody knows what he’s at. I don’t recollect him naming dummy teams to that extent.
He’s a ruthless manager.
Fennelly and ww will be fit to eat someone raw if they get a run.
WW really is an admirable player who not only made the absolute most of himself, he helped carry that team through some relatively lean times.

1 Like

Kilkenny going for goals.

I’d thought so too but it was a very obvious thought.

The prospect of Wally and Fennelly racing on with 15/20 mins remaining really appeals, mind you we’ll have to have been competitive up that point for it to impact.

That’s true but, as brilliant as he’s been in flashes, he’s not had a good 70 minute game for a while. I’d have let Fennelly and co hammer away at them for 50 minutes or so then let Hogan do his stuff to kill it off.

He hasn’t been fit to play 70 minutes in a long time, has he?

I’ve no idea. I’d question it seeing as he didn’t start the last day.

Thing is, any team will be wise to that now, and bring on a fresh defender to mark him I’d imagine.