Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I’d say at his age the whole corona thing could have been a bit of a concern this year too.

Probably Eoin Murphy’s worst ever game. He really creaked in that second half.

Sensational from Waterford. Totally took over in the second half, pummelled Kilkenny into submission. Huge momentum going for them going into the final now.

2 Likes

Yes, he is a weirdo

Be a brave virus that would take on Cody

As our leaders have warned this virus swoops when we least inspect it. It fears no one.

Fancied the winner of our game with them to beat Kilkenny as well. Kilkenny are massively over-achieving with the squad they currently have.

But at halftime I was also buying into the ‘3 weeks in a row’ narrative, which will now disappear presumably.

Kilkenny are unbelievably mediocre without Reid.

Cody is trying to turn water into wine.

They’re one of the worst Kilkenny teams in decades, the fact they managed to bully Limerick last year would raise serious question marks over the treatymen

4 Likes

Cahill has orchestrated something savage here in a short period of time.

Sure they bate Galway.

Waterfords to lose

You’d feel sorry for the ould Brick tonight.

1 Like

Looks like there is finally a period of transition ahead for KK, with Richie presumably finished now & a year or two left in TJ they look light on quality forwards

Cody won all those 11 All Ireland’s when he pretty much had every year the best players at his disposal. That takes an all time managerial great to achieve, to keep them motivated and coming back to do it, year in year out. Just like Mick O’Dwyer and Sir Alex have done in other sports.

I suspect Cody’s one remaining ambition is to win an All Ireland when he doesn’t have the best players at his disposal. A county of Kilkenny’s history and stature shouldn’t be so utterly reliant on one player to the extent that they are on TJ. When he got tied down 2nd half, nobody else stepped up.

1 Like

Jack Fagan is proving to be the shrewdest transfer in hurling history!!

What time is up for the match on lads?

Poor Philip Mahony was like myself last winter and didn’t believe in the project.

4 Likes

The Waterford people must absolutely love this team, These guys are putting in absolutely everything all year, the perfect mix of intensity and scoring ability, such a likeable style of hurling,
They had a blip against Limerick but lived with them for most of the game,
I really think they’re gonna do it,
Cahill is clearly a genius coach
Up the Deise

7 Likes

Thought they lost their footing an awful lot in the first half.

Assuming Mullen recovers from acl and eoin cody continues to develop, they will be fine.

Cahill is a serious operator. It’s very much a joint operation though. Michael Bevans is every bit as important in the set up.