Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I think they did that already when they won their last one.

Cahill is like tiger Woods when he takes off the hat it adds around ten years.

I didn’t notice it but you could be right. But in the first half their thinking was frantic, shooting too quick, fumbling the ball, that would cause them to lose footing by trying to turn before they had it, ie not zen

2 Likes

They changed the studs at half time

Genuinely think they may have.

Depends what you mean by fine. I think their culture will always see them competitive their issues are every bit as much at the other end of the field. Who was the last above average intercounty defender they produced? Cillian Buckley and Padraig Walsh who are both 29 or so.

Lawlor is a good bit of stuff

1 Like

Oh lord :smile:

:rollseyes:

He is a solid if unspectacular full back. He is fine but not a lad you hang your hat off to stand out consistently.

Was in response to them being short on quality fowards. Mullen and Cody are potentially top class.

Cahill is the Boss & Bevans the Coach. An outstanding combo.

3 Likes

He was given the option of retiring

True like the Kiely Kinnerk combo

They might have but my point was that surface suits hard running and width.

There seemed to be a consensus that Walter Walsh and Fennelly would give kilkenny a boost off the bench but they both looked well off it when they were introduced. Both would have been nailed on starters for Kilkenny barring injury/fitness concerns over the last 6 or 7 years and I’d say this was the first time either were dropped for poor form. Just shows you that regardless of experience the mentality needed to impact things off the bench is completely different to that of someone starting and if you aren’t used to being in that position you can’t just switch it on.

3 Likes

Maybe Cody erred in starting Hogan? We know he can impact from the bench

Think he’s much better off the bench these days but the momentum of the game was completely against them in the 2nd half. Even if they introduced Hogan I don’t think it would have made the difference in the end but then again Galway looked very comfortable as well until a fresh Hogan came on.

He must have been some star for Meath when he hurled at Christy Ring level!

He wanted to have the game buried early.

@Fagan_ODowd is loving life, going back liking posts for when it looked like Waterford were fucked :joy:
Enjoy it you auld rogue

19 Likes