Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Don’t you miss those days from time to time :wink:

From between Joe Quaid finishing up to Nickie arriving on the scene we’d awful trouble in that position.

Off the top of my head you’d Timmy Houlihan, Brian Murray, Albert Shanahan and Cahill from Croom who all started championship matches. Murray the pick of them but Nickie has been fantastic since he nailed down the spot.

If McNamara has no interest in making the commitment when the time comes we’ll be in a pickle…

Sheedy picked Gleeson as his number 2 and Ryan sort of drifted away.

Doesn’t play for Templederry anymore or at least didn’t there for a while.

Barry Hogan looks class but hard to tell until they’re thrown into a senior game. Lots of good club keepers have come undone in intercounty

No, I fucking do not! It’s great fun beating the shit out of everyone!

When we grow tired of it we’ll revert back to entertaining the country again! :laughing:

Barry Hogan has always been good for Kildangan since he was thrown in as a 17 year old instead of Egan.

He has far more potential than Brian Hogan and actually looks the part.

1 Like

I remember playing a couple of challenges against Portrue 11 or 12 years ago and Gleeson was like a quarter back, at club level his distribution was on a different level. Pinging precision balls 100 yards down the field

Thought it would stand to him at intercounty but it didn’t really. Looked no different to the rest of the intercounty keepers re distribution which shows the levels they are at.

Murray was decent to be fair to him. An All Star in 07, he was a serious shot stopper and brave as a lion. When the game changed slightly and keepers were expected to be more agile and fit etc he was goosed because he’d sooner ate a fry and smoke a few fags than ate a bowl of muesli the morning of an All Ireland! Puckouts /distribution always Murrays weak point.

Houlihan never had the bottle for it, unfortunately, because technically he was a great keeper. Apparently he is a superb GK coach inside with the Seniors at the moment.

1 Like

To be fair to Gleeson he was reasonably good for his 3 or 4 years in goal for Tipp.

Unreal for Portroe even before Sheedy called him into Tipp.

There was one All Ireland Semi I think it was and his puckouts were fuckin unreal, zipping them to midfielders or half forwards hands at head height at pace

2 Likes

Was he the lad that went through everyone’s gear bag rooting for change, jewelry and the like?

Cork 2014. It was absolutely incredible. Donal Og was waxing lyrical after it.

He was possibly helped by the Cork Forward Line being hopelessly lazy in closing down the angles but it was still unreal.

Nope, bigger league than that

:wink:

Made of glass.

Ya . Seems so .

He was a fantastic striker of a ball. Incredibly accurate from a puck out

UCC destroyed him

Barrett has done nothing to consider him a top class inter county player yet. Ye are hoping for mushrooms

Team named?