Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

We have some chance with him

Well the lad today gave out the softest frees going

Finn got one near the end for falling down.

1 Like

He did, plenty of galway lads got them too. It’s a joke.

Our lads were too nice today and just took it. Cahill will make sure ye don’t make the same mistake

The Galway lads really lost their nerve in the run up to this.

Changing avatars, shit rhymes, poor ball hop attempts. Its not often games are won and lost on the Internet, but today was one of those days.

I’m a bit embarrassed for normally solid lads like @Lazarus and @KinvarasPassion , but I’m sure they’ll recover and move on.

18 Likes

In fairness, theres been no complaints from them.

Not at all, just trying to bring a bit of life back to the forum. Winnig the All Ireland has made the Limerick lads thoroughly miserable altogether

3 Likes

It took away their identity

3 Likes

I’m hearing Joe is ok, thank heavens for that

We were sure to keep it light hearted. We know how sensitive they can be

1 Like

They were bate’n the heads off each other out on the streets of NYC not so long ago.

4 Likes

Ya, too nice… One or two lads legs gone too

Money can’t buy happiness

Limerick are formidable alright. They pretty much always get on top in that middle eight and they were deserved winners.

I’d defend the Galway keeper too. I really like the cut of his jib actually. He luckily got away with some blatant errors (the one in open play that Mulcahy could have popped into the empty net, Hegarty getting blocked down having intercepted a short one) but others were on the receiver for not going to the ball or letting it scutter through them.

Daithi Burke delivered some display in the second half. Pure, raw, defiance and that was some cameo from Niland with the monster free with his first touch, a great part in an equalising point by Whelan and then another superb long range point from play.

I thought Finn, Byrnes, Hayes, Hegarty, T Morrissey were excellent for Limerick. It’s kinda pick your poison with them, I reckon. Play a sweeper and it’ll allow their excellent half back line to give them a platform to beat you with points. Push up on them and they can hit direct ball into Mulcahy, Flanagan etc as well as having the pace and athleticism to run at teams from deep and create goal chances.

Galway ultimately might regret not trying to tickle the ball up the wings for the entire game. They needed to play for more sidelines.

16 Likes

Raul Jiminez has gone down with the same injury as Joe here in the wolves v Arsenal game

How many sideline cuts had he before he went down?

That’s right, and we had a Limerick lad take off his clothes and threaten to rape another poster. Brave of you to speak out finally!

3 Likes

Ah the bantz lads… The bantz

Comes down to Bennett vs Hegarty for Hurler of the Year.

Eoin Cody YHOTY.

1 Like