Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

QED

We’ve been hearing that since 2009.

No we don’t have any superstars coming through really.

Heading for a bit of a barren spell trying to replace 4 or 5 hall of famers in one go.

Galway choked the middle and nullified our full forwards.
But at a serious cost to their own full line. I’m trying to think of one ball they won from a ball into their FF line and there wasn’t many if any.
They basically took their own best player Whelan out of the game. He did damage when he came out centre forward but you’d be happy enough to see him out there.
They basically didn’t have even a quarter chance of a goal.
Long range frees and sidelines kept the score board ticking over for them. I’ve never seen anything like JC on the sidelines today. But he’s a passenger from play. They may as well have put him in FF. There was no ball going in anyway and at least he wouldn’t have left the half backs rampage up the field.
Galway have been playing a sweeper all year yet still haven’t figured out not to pass it to the other teams sweeper. I’d be tearing my hair out if I was them.
The Galway goalie had a tough job. Basically couldn’t go long and was trying to pick passes in a very congested space as a result. Those turnovers are inevitable when that’s your strategy. He was very lucky though, Graham Muls first touch is normally impeccable

3 Likes

In fairness to @Ambrose_McNulty he is always slightly unhinged, so there was no change for him.

2 Likes

Plus how much of it was Cahill’s influence on them?

It’s amazing how much the conversation comes back to Tipp and they out with a while

Mul was very off today. He’ll go wild the next day if he starts

Box office

Joe did go into FF. He was stationed there when he got injured.

Doesn’t matter, win or lose the AIF, Cahill is nailed on for the Tipp job now.

Who says he wants it?

They don’t do the INTERNET in the lead up to all Ireland finals, he’ll be fine

Fintan Burke was first sub in was he? Very strange switch at the start

1 Like

Second? Tuohy on for CMannion, I think?

Correct. He was a big loss

He started the game at full forward from what i could see. Spent more time in the full forward line than half forward line.

Will there be a second tread needed for the 2020 AISHC?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Fuck Tipp

0 voters

2 Likes

They won three All-Irelands since. More than most.

3 Likes

You haven’t met many Tipp people have you

1 Like