Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

He is over age at 22.

Once you were overage for the old under 21 grade you were not eligible for it.

1 Like

He’s too old

I would think we have one gem coming through in the half forwards who is one of the best prospects we have ever produced.

2 Likes

That’s it, a rangy mullocker that holds the Hurley like a spoon. Effective in this horrible hurling style limerick play

Give YHOTY to some lad from Laois, Clare or Cork, would be a nice boost for them.

The serious counties can hoover up the All-Star’s then.

3 Likes

I still think the days of a 19 year old bursting onto the scene like Austin Gleeson/Cian Lynch/Tony Kelly/Noel McGrath/Conor McDonald are over.

I would like to think Cathal O’Neill will make a huge impact for Limerick next year.

In fairness it is a rare enough occurrence all the same. A handful of lads a decade, the 2010s probably had more than most other decades.

I’d expect Cian Galvin and Shane Meehan to see gametime next year for Clare as teenagers. But hard to see them making a significant impact given the size and S&C needed for senior.

What age was young fella Galway sprung this evening? Looks a serious prospect

He has been around a few years, 22 I think?

A very good underage player for them.

In the last decade the following all had big enough impacts at 19.

Austin Gleeson, Shane Bennett, Tony Kelly, Colm Galvin, Seadna Morey, Conor McDonald, Rory O 'Connor, Liam Ryan, Cian Lynch, Kyle Hayes, Conor Whelan were all starting at 19. Ronan Maher made his debut at 19 too.

Too many 20 year olds to mention.

I’d say the change of under 17s not allowed play club senior has had a massive effect.

How many had you in the 2000s?

Eoin Kelly and Canning. Shaugnessey and then The likes of Kirby in Limerick, Andy Quinn in Clare, Brian O’Halloran in Waterford but their impact wasn’t all that significant.

Seamus Hickey played in an All Ireland as a very young chap. Noel McGrath broke through in 08 09

Yes good shout. Played in the 2006 league final while still in Flannans

Just back up at the boring end of the M7 after my essential journey down for the weekend.

Seriously nervy game. Felt we could have won by more but Galway are dogged and have a few unreal operators in their team. Canning obviously but by Christ Daithi Burke is an incredible full back.

Worryingly slow start from us, but when we got going we looked to have the game in control without ever looking too good.

I think Waterford’s second half performance yesterday would be too much for us so we’ll have to improve massively if we’re to do it this year.

4 Likes

He played minor Q/f v Lk in 2015 . He is a lovely hurler but a bit slight .

Hegarty has improved tremenjusly as a hurler.

In one of the Munster games he scored a superb point from under the old stand where he shifted his hands mid swing. It was a thing of beauty.

3 Likes