Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Canning was 20 in 2008.

Noel McGrath, Liam Rushe, JJ Delaney, John Gardiner, Cha Fitzpatrick?, Richie Murray, probably a few more I don’t remember.

Cathal naughten had an impact straight out of minor too.

What age did tadhg de Burca start?

Minor in 2012, joined the seniors in 2014

20 in 2014. As was Dunford. Devine came through at 20 in 2015. Curran made his debut at 19 in 2015 too.

Barron and Jake Dillon were 20 in 2013.

Pauric Mahony and Dara Fives both started at 19 in 2011.

To be honest it’s no harm not to be rushing young lads

Shane dowling and hannon both played very young. Dowling is done young.

Downes started young enough too and is done young enough

1 Like

The change to U17 and U20 has probably contributed to this as well. The likes of Limerick and Waterford have golden generations only in their mid-20’s but given the Minor success Galway have had in the last 5 years then you’d expect more of them to filter through.

Galway have been failing to develop minors for 20 years (winning minors)

1 Like

Rumors of Gillane in hospital with a suspected ruptured spleen

Darren Stamp and Rory Jacob were starting as teenagers for Wexford at that time too I’d say. Setanta for Cork (and maybe Ronan Curran too) and John Gardiner?

Mullen would have had a decent shot at retaining it but for injury.

How’d he manage that?

Must have been when G Mac cleaned him that time?

:roll_eyes:

Christ

Yeah, GMac trucked him.

That’s a fair ridiculous post

@Big_Dan_Campbell was talking down Daithi Burke recently and I meant to call it at the time. Laughable. He is an outrageously good full back.

My word. I missed most of the match today and have just seen Ger Hegarty’s scores. Not sure what else he has to do to be accepted as a hurler.

1 Like

What would you expect from a pig but a grunt

I just don’t think Galway have managed to get more than the sum of their parts out of themselves for years.