Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

He’s been performing like that for 2 years now

Has Aaron Gillane ever lost a match to Daithi Burke?

Burke is an awkward hurler to be fair but effective.

Rubbish. He is simply an outstanding full back.

Hard to believe Dillon and Barron are the same age, Dillon seems about 10 years older.

Congrats to the Limerick lads. We were a beaten docket from a long way out, only for young Eanna Murphy was in superhero mode with his saves. Limerick far more aggressive than us but couldn’t translate that dominance into scores. It’s going to be a fascinating final.

4 Likes

Are you high? Daithí Burke is a serious hurler.

1 Like

I set the hamster spinning there for a while and nothing is registering

A tentative no

Must be terrified of him so

He’s an effective hurler but has hurley caught wrong, bit awkward to be a great.

I made a quip about his stickwork during the Tipp which is fairly mediocre for an intercounty hurler, doubt anyone would argue otherwise. He is an excellent defender and spoiler, as good as there is in the game at the minute doubt anyone would argue otherwise, but he is a lad who can do very little with the ball in his hand, not does he want to for the most part in fairness to him.

Dillon was a bit of a manchild. He was winning Harty cups and highly rated at the age of 15.

100% correct and same with mcinerney.

Nah, rubbish. You make these pronouncements from time to time on players, pointing out perceived flaws or damning them with faint praise, but you get them spectacularly wrong sometimes. Burke is simply an outstanding and exceptional player, ditto Hegarty.

4 Likes

Did he win an AI at that level?

Doing the Leaving Cert, doubt he’ll be involved in 2021. No harm though, no need to rush them.

Reminded me of Paul Curran of Tipperary looking at him at times today. Curran was probably a worse hurler skill wise but a great spoiler.

Do you not think Burke and mcinerney are a bit awkward?

Yes was wing forward on the all conquering De La Salle team as a 15 year old in 2008.

Was a key man on a Munster Club winning team then as an under 17 in 2010.

Superb post :clap: :clap: