Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Depends who wins the final

Yeah, I agree with you, he strikes the ball quite low and its working for him. Flanagan hits the ball very high, nearly over shoulder level and tends to hold the hurley in a more upright position when striking. Just different styles I suppose

Think he’s a decent golfer

The ball Gleeson won before his over the shoulder point was superb; something he probably wouldn’t have won last year.

I think the two Na P lads you mentioned have just suffered huge wear and tear over the years . The long grinding club seasons take an awful toll on the body . The Na P lads have went through an awful lot of hurling the last decade .

1 Like

He wouldn’t have won it in the first half let alone last year. Waterford were a side transformed after the break and Gleeson really found his stride to his credit.

Have you played long club campaigns?

No . Never won a provincial title . You ??

That’s a salient point as well. Starting young and overload

Kyle is only just gone 22.

However, its an interesting question as he would have been 21 when the championship ‘should’ have started in the summer.

He is eligible so

No, he wouldn’t have been eligible to hurl at the under 21 age grade which is the criteria.

I read earlier it was 21 at the beginning of the championship.

It was wikipedia so not gospel

Thats it, to win having played below par is a great sign.

Gillane could easily have hurt it during one of his frequent dives.

1 Like

Here we go

1 Like

Is Jack Fagan going to be the first Meath man to play in an all ireland senior hurling final?

He’s a brilliant footballer as well is daithi. He should be given the right to drive cattle over the salmon Weir bridge.

4 Likes

The Galway lads have let themselves down badly this week.

:popcorn:

He is and again he knows his limitations on the ball, always takes the right/simple option.