Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

He was probably using a shinty stick

It should have been a yellow and move on as you say, but canning was turning as he was striking in that way that he does. It was on for a hook when it’s started but Cannings body turned completely.

More of a worry is how many other frees Hegarty is giving away. Probably gives away more points through frees than he scores.

I thought a couple of frees against him were very harsh yesterday… he’s a big awkward fucker and it works against him at times.

John Kiely questioned the freecount alright now that I think about it. Ok so we’ll leave him off.

William O Donghue is always on the verge of a yellow card as well.

2 Likes

It was never a red, but it was a yellow and he probably should have picked up another yellow for persistent fouling. Although a lot of them were harsh. The team that fouls the most wins the most though

He loves pulling one handed at the throw in. Very wild.

That seems to be a strategy, quicker swing perhaps? But it’s very risky

WOD is a bit of a bully.

Nothing wrong with that

There’s not, no.

That’s what he’s there for.

Joe is only 14 points behind Shefflin’s scoring record. I’d say he’ll do another year at least. Maybe two. Although waking up with a sore head and a sore lower back this morning I’m sure it’s crossed his mind.

Ronan Maher can also clip them. Hit one over in a league game in recent years from near the halfway line.

1 Like

Scour Power is a tremendous nickname

It’s like the story George Foreman tells about fighting Ali. Foreman is there tumping the shit out of Ali for 7 or 8 rounds and puts all the effort in to knocking Ali out. ‘All I did was to wake the f’er up’

It must be fairly shite to have to stay in COVID-19 era hospital overnight after a sporting injury. Women in maternity hospitals getting lots of coverage for their whining, but little sympathy for Canning and Gillane and they probably not allowed visitors last night. I hope they’re both well and being ferried back to their respective counties today.

My aul fella told me that Josie Gallager used to cut 21 yard frees over the bar

1 Like

I think it was in the league semi final against Limerick in Thurles in 2018, he was miles out. Certainly out around half way. Unreal score.

Iggy Clarke is Galway’s greatest hurler