Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

I got to celebrate it with my daughter in my arms … Beautiful scenes.

4 Likes

Seethe spiral.

That’s superb, will use that one in future.

2 Likes

I’d say it was buddy, unreal

Feel free to dish it out, maybe we get a gif for @iron_mike

New money. No class.

tenor (31)

2 Likes

Limerick are a fine fine team.

I’d rate them 2 ways.

Unbeatable really in winter conditions, professional conditioning adds too much. Deserving champions

Good team on dry summer sod but beatable as KK and tall plank Colin Fennelly has proved in the past.

their stick work is better than the tipp team. thats the thing

:rofl::rofl:

Antrims stick work is better than tipps ffs

:joy:

Oh I’d agree they are a very good team, but in their last proper match on a big day in Croker they failed miserably trying to beat the worst Kilkenny team in 30 years.

Are you ok Mike?

more seethe, good to see

Objective opinions is not “ seethe “.

The only way to settle this is Limerick winning again with a draw that throws up munster quarter vs tipp semi vs cork/clare final cork/clare AI semi vs kilkenny and AI vs Galway. 2 AI in a row. Not to leave out wexford they will beat them in the league final. Another invisible year will eliminate all this seeth as every hurling county will be beat within 12 months.

you said it

Happy Christmas bud

1 Like

Many happy returns

1 Like

:musical_note: Rising up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I’m back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive :musical_note:

:nigeria:

Limerick are an excellent team who stack against any other multiple A/I winning side. They have moved on a couple of notches from their 2018 win and are head and shoulders above everyone at the moment. Their 2018 win was in a very even championship which threw up some great contests and exciting games/finishes while nearly every other county has regressed a good bit since the 2018 season aside from Tipp and Waterford who were winless in the seven matches the two teams played that year.

That isn’t Limerick’s problem though and you would expect them to make more hay over the next two or three years while other teams regroup and rebuild. A bit like the Kilkenny team of 2006 to 2008 which had no real consistent credible challengers. Maybe someone will emerge in 2021 or 2022 to challenge them and I hope it happens as great games and contests is what hurling is about.

The 2007 and 2008 championships were pretty poor as were 2009 and 2010 but the latter two were saved by two excellent finals between Tipp and Kilkenny which only added to the legacy of the players on both sides especially the Kilkenny team imho as you would struggle to pick out too many great games they were involved in from 2006 up to the 2009 final, albeit they were a fantastic dominant side in a time when there was a drop off elsewhere from the Cork 2004/2005 til the Tipp 2009/2010 teams emergence - not that anyone in Kilkenny gives a fuck.

11 Likes