Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Hard luck today pal.

Just heard the end of this match on the radio. Clare look like an ideal draw for Wexford in the next round. The battle of the warm-up area would be iconic too.

Meh. That was there to be won. Another moral cunting victory.

They’re no fucking use those moral victories.

Clare would give wexford/cork/ Dublin a good rattle in next round if they are drawn together

Shades of the narrow defeat to Limerick in 2009 for ye? Although that day ye got caught late on?

Shades of 2013 for Clare there. I remember them struggling past a limited Wexford side AET at a neutral venue in the qualifiers before powering on through the rest of the championship.

2 Likes

If Thomas Waters hadn’t gone down with injury Clare mightn’t have won the AI at all that year. Although they did run out 10 point winners AET I think😅

Galway more so. We fell at the finish line against Limerick, we were on course to catch Clare and Galway, especially Galway was a late 21 yard free missed by our goalkeeper from Abbeyleix.

Clare could cause an upset but more likely to be beaten by 10+ plus. We had 7 starters today either making their first or second start in championship hurling and two of the first three subs are just out of under 20s. It will take time to rebuild

Lot of road in that Laois team. You’d be confident if we could possibly hold onto Eddie

Hard to see past Dublin here. They let the game get away early from them the last day but otherwise have looked like a smart outfit going places. Cork are shite really

Taking Laois Clare as a form line between Leinster and Munster you’d have to fear for Cork here

Cork win easily or lose. I don’t see much middle ground. If it’s anyway tight I fancy Dublin.

Chanced Dublin @ 2/1 :raising_hand_man:t2:

Red rover.

2014? Cheddar had ye purring that year alright. Gave Offaly a good trimming too?

Sutcliffe gonna have one of those days

Score from Robbie O’Flynn.

The crowd noise is horrific.

3 Likes