Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Technically not but he was fairly effective and powerful.

Dublin just don’t produce wristy hurlers like other counties.

Cheddar made a good point last year that even Laois would be technically better hurlers than Dublin.

Never that prolific a scorer, for all his effectiveness

I go by what I see on TSG. Looked like a nailed on free at the very end

Christ no , very effective physically .

Theres probably extremes at play and most often output is a mix of virtues but when you say technical, your talking a Bubbles Dwyer/Hoggy type player.

The penalty decision was sickening. Rowland should have been allowed the free. He’s got that distance, despite what Donal Og says.

Donal Burke is probably the best hurler technically they have produced.

Tipperary and Galway are the best at producing wristy players.

1 Like

I think Burke is decent and a lively forward which they lack but he was blocked down twice against Cork inexcusably. On both occasions, he could and should have got the shot away by just moving his feet before striking.

Standing up straight and striking in a congested area is junior stuff tbh. I would say that Sutcliffe is their “wristiest” hurler. Tbf they probably lose more to other codes than most counties.

Yerra we’ll see how ye handle the slap in the pus ye got in Cork today so, as a comparison like.

Clifford will still get the all-star, will he? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Of all the counties in tier 1 hurling Dublin are the team whose hurlers draw a significantly less support than their footballers and the glamour of playing football massive outweighs that of playing hurling.

Also there is no geographical divide between the hurling and football areas so the big powerful clubs produce players who play both codes .

The first choice will nearly always be football . That really hampers the Dublin hurlers and it is very hard to see that changing

2 Likes

HERE WE GO

Clare Wex.
Tipp Cork

The public gets what it wants.

9 Likes

Lovely.

Called it wrong

Leinster Hurling Final is down for 6:15pm on Saturday. (RTE)

1:15 and 3:45 throw ins perhaps on Saturday for the Round 2 games?

RTE already have 2 games on Sunday.

1 Like

There’s two bloody camogie games down for live on RTE on Saturday afternoon too, I think.

1 Like

Type of draw that will please both Clare and Wexford. Think everybody would have wanted to avoid a rested Tipperary with a point to prove. I see Clare and Wexford as a very even game and am interested to see what way it’s priced up.

Much better display by Cork the other day, but I couldn’t believe the space their midfield/half forward line sectors had after half time to trot forward unmarked to score. Could it be that Dublin exerted more energy in clawing back the Kilkenny deficit, and it being their third week in a row, compared to Cork’s meek surrender the week before? I’m not arguing that Cork weren’t better, more determined and the lads that came in strengthened things. I’m more saying Dublin’s display was so far off the level needed that it might give Cork a false sense of where they are. I see Tipp winning that one by 5 or 6.

2 Likes

Sky showing Ulster Football at 1:15 Saturday…

These could end up on GAAGo. I’d be OK with that.

Tipp and Cork surely in LIT Gaelic Grounds

Ideal.

We’ll have a fair idea where everyone is at after next weekend

1 Like