Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Will your Ma watch her native Tipp?

Cian Darcy.

You mustn’t have seen Kilruane in the flesh in a while.

It’s all Trigger this and Trigger that.

Actually the pitches in LIT are sand based and probably in better nick this time of year than the LITGG surface

Reminds me loads of Pa Bourke. Smashing wrists and striker but lacks the physicality, cut, speed and aerial ability that are needed at the top level. He doesn’t have any of the four named attributes at the required level to be performing at the business end of senior inter county presently.

Clare going all out on the fancy graphics there

8 Likes

Radical graphic design change there from Clare.

Trigger is renowned for his pace in our club anyway!!!

Has done untold against us over the years!!!

I believe there will be a couple of changes to the team named above

There is a massive difference between pace at club and county level. Poles apart.

Needs more of that visually confusing yellow

2 Likes

Seamus Butler was another. I always thought he was a lovely hurler could score 6 from play on a given day. When it came to tougher level though he didn’t have it.

Yep, gave a tour de France in league final of 08 but wasn’t on the panel after that year. Got a Hurley into the stomach from Waterford goalie at start of 08 AI Semi.

Tipp have produced a good few like that in the past 20 years. Very good club hurlers who were just below the level needed for the county. Butler was motm in the 08 league final vs Galway clipping 5/6 points. He got bullied in the AI semi final vs Waterford and was the sacrificial lamb for the defeat. I don’t think he ever started again.

It’s a high bar in Tipp. As a county they’ve produced a lot of high end forwards who would’ve been automatics in other counties. Lads like Timmy Hammersley, Kieran Morris and Steven Murray have scored heavily in club championship but have struggled to break in ahead of Callanan, Kelly, Corbett, the McGraths, John O Brien, Bubbles. Darcy and Paul Flynn of Kildangan would be the lads of today struggling to break through. The problems have been further back the field. Bonner and Dan Mc missing the last day were big losses with no obvious replacements.

The names you mention there is what Dublin and Wexford are not producing, natural hurlers not manufactured

1 Like

:smiley:

That’s a dinger

I think you are being harsh on Dublin and Wexford. Rory O Connor and Donal Burke would both start on any team in the country. Both are 100% natural wristy hurlers. It’s the other parts of the puzzle that need fixing. Wexford a lot longer down the road as they are utilizing lesser hurlers like David Dunne to suit their system.

Also I hate the term manufactured hurlers.

2 Likes

Amazing what you can do with a couple of printers.

1 Like

Neither would make the Limerick panel.