Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Kelly trying to do a Maurice Fitz 96 on it

Hon Tony kelly

HOTY

97’ no?

Kelly is a massive difference. It looks like wexford are over trained

Correct sorry

Kevin Foley caught for 5 steps but it’s alright to take 10 steps when you’re baring down on goal.

Very soft free to concede.

Wexford trying to play a running game without anyone doing any running. It’s eh, an interesting strategy

1 Like

Wexford puckout strategy.

Go long - lose immediately and foul.
Go short - Overplay, lose possession and possibly foul.

Game is gone from Wexford the last five minutes. Was a catchable lead before.

Option 2 seems better; at least it takes more time.

It was for catching 3 times, although I’m not sure he did.

Clare are pretty much banking on Wexford having one way of hurling regardless of the wind. Drop back and hit them hard and crowd them out and see if they are good enough to take the scores from distance which I don’t think they are.

Clare will surely look to keep Kelly pushed up second half as the outball and drill it into space in front of him and hope he can keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Rory Hayes having a fine game here

Linesman was looking right at that and the Clareman gets a yellow, the same as the Wexford forward. Seemed a wee bit unfair

The wind looks ridiculously strong. If Wexford don’t panic, I don’t think it’s irretrievable.

Clare made shite of wexford in the league game in similar conditions. Wexford couldn’t make any use of the wind

They’ll need a goal

Does the wind not blow in Wexford? Every ball in is a high useless effort, you have to solo it hard in and or hit low driving ball in front of lads. Of course you need to leave a few lads up there they are packing a defence against the wind, this ain’t football

Clare could bring on Gilligan for Kelly and still win handy, Wexford are atrocious all over getting out worked and out hurled.