Hurling is the greatest game in the world

shinty is the exact same game yet the scotch dont go about it like you do

I don’t really pay much heed to attendance figures so I couldn’t tell you whether they’re poor or great.

Sure you say yourself the scotch are a very weird race so why you’d use them as a barometer of anything is a bit odd

Where did i ever say that?

I can’t remember the exact post but around the time of Brexit and the Scottish Referendum

I think what i actually said was that you were a hooked nose cunt

1 Like

Oooooft

Mac 1
Tubbsy 0

2 Likes

The general public seem to be enjoying football more though. Attendance figures confirm that

Scots prefer sectarian chavball . Weird aggressive people in the main.

I never realised there was a direct link from attendance figures to supporter enjoyment. Does this mean that Tipperary football fans aren’t enjoying their teams run to the semi finals?

3 Likes

Look it, hurling is our national game. It’s thousands of years old and as part of being Irish as our language, music and customs. It’s uniquely ours.

Gaelic football is an Irish variation of a game played across Europe.

Hurling is the greatest game in the world because it’s our game.

6 Likes

So the greatest game in the world is different in every country.
Twee and all as it is which among us (barring @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy) has not been proud to explain the game to some open mouthed Yank in a bar, telling them that in hurling a coward is more likely to get hurt than a warrior.

We are the greatest people on the planet.

2 Likes

Hurling is a minority sport taken seriously in a handful of counties that border Tipperary.

The vast majority of Irish people have no interest in this pursuit.

1 Like

thats called a yawn

8 Likes

It’s sad, but yes, only a few counties have retained their irishness. Most of the others are happy to watch the premier league on a bar stool… the rest of us will continue to support our national game and keep our culture alive.

2 Likes

:joy: that’s fantastic mate, bravo.

I dont think anyone would expect someone who appears devoted to a soccerball team in North London to understand

Gaelic football is a pan-island game with four competitive provincial championships. It is the true game of the Gael.

2 Likes