Hurling is the greatest sport in the Universe

Dublin = the United States of America.

Exerts a dominant cultural influence, a magnet for immigrants, a new sport is slowly but surely taking root in the popular imagination of its natives, despite the continuing popularity of the more established sports. North and south do not understand each other. Gun crime a continuing problem.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 840913, member: 183”]Dublin = the United States of America.

Exerts a dominant cultural influence, a magnet for immigrants, a new sport is slowly but surely taking root in the popular imagination of its natives, despite the continuing popularity of the more established sports. North and south do not understand each other. Gun crime a continuing problem.[/quote]
:clap:

Galway = Those Tan Hun Cunts

Think we are better than we actually are, distracted by the bright lights of the our local big town, fickle fans, Loughrea is like Hackney Downs on a Sunday Night…

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 840915, member: 686”]Galway = Those Tan Hun Cunts

Think we are better than we actually are, distracted by the bright lights of the our local big town, fickle fans, Loughrea is like Hackney Downs on a Sunday Night…[/quote]

Is Formula 1’s still open? I remember giving it big licks in there one night back around 2006

Tipp = Israel. No one likes them.

Kilkenny = Germany. Dour but ruthless.

Cork = India. By sheer weight of numbers they should win everything. They have their own Gandhi who oversees the whole thing also.

Limerick = Holland. Hey day was back in the 70’s. Generally everyones second favourite team, mostly out of pity. Can produce divisive hot headed characters. Cruyff = Tom Ryan. Either good or terrible, no middle ground.

Clare = Argentina. Flair, skill and panache. Should win more with the players at their disposal. Both their greatest figures (who have both played and managed them) are hobbits.

Dublin = Brazil. A natural swagger. Disliked by their neighbours. Fairly successful but major inquests when they fail. Press scrutiny is intense.

Waterford = Italy. Passion and emotion aplenty, fond of kissing the jersey and expressing their mood.

Offaly = Russia

A county of chronic alcoholics, incompetent politicians and corrupt police. Stopped a superpower from taking over the world in 1982 with a devastating nuclear strike. Launched a pitch battle against enemies from the south in the late 90s. Outside investment in the last decade in the way of infrastructure has gradually opened it up to outsiders. Gets very cold winters as it’s inland, so they called the main hurling town Birr.

Waterford = Holland. Good teams but the most they win is a Munster title/Euros.
Clare = Germany. Physical style in the 90’s but more skilful approach now.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 840921, member: 183”]Offaly = Russia

A county of chronic alcoholics, incompetent politicians and corrupt police. Stopped a superpower from taking over the world in 1982 with a devastating nuclear strike. Launched a pitch battle against enemies from the south in the late 90s. Outside investment in the last decade in the way of infrastructure has gradually opened it up to outsiders. Gets very cold winters as it’s inland, so they called the main hurling town Birr.[/quote]
A former power still trying to cling on to it’s glorious past. Bypassed, and increasingly irrelevant on the modern stage.

Wexford = Spain

Has fine weather and outstanding beaches. Dubs flock there during the summer. A passion for opera. Traditional underachievers. Natives are lazy. Local cuisine is tasty peasant food. Fishing one of the few remaining industries amidst economic collapse. The hurling pitch resembles a bull ring when they play such is the blood, guts and gore(y) approach of the current manager.

Wexford - Portugal.*

Once a genuine power, it’s successes are becoming more minor and growing further apart, now struggling to maintain primacy even among the weaker nations. Indignant at the strictures being imposed upon it by the international technocrats in the form of austerity/relegation. Likeable tourist destination.

*Dammit @Sidney you got in before me. (Mine is better)

Laois - Mongolia.

Bearded women and unwashed men. Have a love of horses and camp fires.

Carlow - Kazakhstan

Who the fuck knows or gives a shit what goes on there or even where it is exactly.

Camross - Cambodia. The Killing Fields. Near Laos.

Ballinasloe - Comanche-Apache Territory

A love of pieball horses and tomahawking. Red faced.

This is a classic example of the bullshit “tickle our tummies” mentality of a swathe of the journos, and of the general population. It gets as much space in that rag the guardian as an advert for a lesbian outreach worker in Croydon, which somehow merits a headline in a national newspaper. Fuck that. Most guardian readers think we wander round with shillelaghs dressed like leprechauns.

How much space do you want, a fold out supplement and poster? It’s a nice piece of positive attention, we should accept it as a compliment. Get the big chip off your shoulder pal.

I have no issue with whatever the fuck the guardian prints. You completely missed my point. They can print a souvenir issue for all I want. Why it is seen as some sort of triumph a la thady from the Irish r.m. that it gets a mention in an English paper is beyond me. The fact that it is mentioned in a small corner of an english paper should not be worthy of comment. Smacks of ted.

No, fuck them. We know hurling is a fantastic sport, we dont need them telling us it is.

Why can’t we just accept a simple compliment? You sound like an arrogant hot girl who responds to a compliment by saying I know I am you fucking pervert. Of course hot girls shouldn’t be complimented anyway but that’s just different.

I cant accept a simple compliment because I choose not to.

Fuck them, we can be great without their recognition.