Hurling League 2018

Ah I can handle it Matty! Just smiled back at them! Just making an observation

Ah I know that Joe. Met a friend of mine from crusheen on the way out and we had a right laugh about the shootout!

Conlon went for the goal and to be fair he was right . I always think a player should go for it itā€™s on .

What did the crowd make of the penalty 65 shoot out lark?

Would agree itā€™s a terrible way to decide matches.

Better to just have penalties or say allow lads have a few yards of a run up and strike from their hands from the 14 or 21. Make a hero of the keeper or the lad who smashes in the winning goal. A bit of an anti climatic ending after an exciting 100 minutes.

1 Like

You mustnā€™t be going long so.

A novelty. That match was a great evenings entertainment.

To be honest most people enjoyed the novelty of it. The players reaction at the end said what they thought of it though. No real celebration after 100 minutes of hurling.

3 Likes

No need for it considering we have Galway and Wexford next weekend

Fuck the replay. Clare are gone home to their mud huts with their tae in their mugs. Our lads can put their feet up next weekend.

4 Likes

Once Clare are beat I donā€™t care, Joe.

5 Likes

Duggan has become a serious player. He has seriously filled out, huge addition for Clare.

What did he finish with? 0-20 or something like that? Fair going.

When you break it down our forwards didnā€™t actually score all that much from play. Gillane 2-00 from play. Donā€™t think Barry Murphy, Hayes or Tom Morrissey got a score off the top of my head, Hegarty and Flanagan a point or two each.

Yeah he used to be a donkey. Now he can score 21 points against Limerick.

3 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd was keeping track of all scores and wides todayā€¦

Good luck in 1B next year, fella.

1 Like

We were in it 3 years ago pal. Nothing new to us.

3 Likes

He looks very open in possession . Decent player and good technique striking the ball at frees .

I think the Clare management have a decision to make with regards to David Mcinerney at centre back. It hasnā€™t really worked. It was certainly worth trying over the league and I assumed that he would be a bit more direct and forceful on the ball than Cleary but he hasnā€™t been, his distribution today was poor. Cleary might not have been the most stylish but was effective there last year and hardly wasted a ball. Mc simply hasnā€™t been doing the basics there either and solidify the middle. Him, Fitz and Morey are all too attack minded and too interested in making support runs and looking for the ball rather than keeping their shape and playing as a compact unit.

Think they will have to switch him back to full with Cleary going back to centre back or play him corner back and play Jamie Shanahan at centre back. Iā€™d have more faith in Shanahan holding up at centre back than I would of Browne or Oā€™Connor holding up at corner back.

Why move him from full at all. Rare enough find a good one and he is. O Connor at 6?