Hurling League 2018

It was worth trying for the league. He has bags of hurling and is a quick and powerful hurler. He has the skills to play there, it just hasn’t worked so far.

Cleary has done alright at full back, think he would be fine if left there but we are certainly better with David Mc at 3 and Cleary at 6. Given our lack of corner back options at the moment playing David Mc at 2 or 4 needs to be considered.

O’Connor and Browne would both be fine at wing back but neither has the athleticism or recovery pace for corner back. Both are decent readers of the game but can’t get out in front or hip to hip to make a tackle on the ball and invariably foul as they haven’t the pace to cover when played corner back

Jack Browne has been absolutely cleaned by Gillane the two days I have seen him and Gillane is not exactly lightning either. With Dillon back I would move McInerney to the corner and Cleary to 6. It will make Clare a far stronger side. Watching McGrath and O’Donnell the last two days they were fairly well shackled by Finn and English, you cannot beat pace. Tony Kelly put on an exhibition of striking. Galvin was poor enough. Clare and Limerick will both get out of Munster at Cork and Waterford’s expense.

1 Like

What’s Galvin’s story @Big_Dan_Campbell – Is he coming back from injury?

We scored 3-8 from play, as well as a sideline. Clare scored 0-16 from play. So we actually did outscore them from open play.

Way too many frees conceded though. Some were soft but no use whinging now, have to play the ref too.

We left far more behind also with very poor shooting. I think there could have been another 5/6 points at least with some composure. I think Clare missed one free while Limerick had a few wides into the wind.

Think both sides created nearly 40 scoring chances yesterday??

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yesterday’s game reminded me of the imaginary matches I used to play against the gable wall at home when I was a child. I’m sure I would have imagined being the Peter Duggan character who slotted over the 21 points. Or the Gillane chap who got the 2-11. I’m sure I would also have been the lad who scored the penalty to bring the game to extra extra time, the chap who slotted over the sideline and the chap who scored the winning 65 in the nail biting shoot out. I was all of those imaginary players on the mean streets of Waterford.

4 Likes

They’ll have all Ireland’s in August and Aussie Gleeson will be playing in the Christy Ring next year

1 Like

The Waterford boys getting very upset it would seem. Ye obviously disagree and we will see what happens. I don’t rate this Waterford team at all, manager is a bluffer.

I am sure you were players from other counties alright in the seventies seeing Waterford were taking 20 point hammerings week on week mixing it with the big boys of Mayo at the time.

1 Like

Wexford v Galway in Wexford Park on Saturday at 3pm.

Dublin v Tipperary in Croke Park in Sunday at 1pm ahead of Dublin v Monaghan at 3pm.

1 Like

Any chatter on the club final replay?

5.30pm on Saturday in Portlaoise.

3 Likes

Christ that will end up being even more one-sided. Tipp must be overjoyed they don’t have to go to Parnell Park (cc Antnee Daly)

Any update on the football refixures?

See the football thread for details.

No, the whole point of it was leading Waterfords remarkable resurgence

1 Like

It has not been that resurgent though. I fancy Limerick to beat both Cork and Waterford. If ye come out and hurl ye have ability but
It leaves that full back line exposed, if David Breen who has barley held a hurley can do what he did to Coughlan I am sure Gillane and Casey will have a field day.

C’mere… would you fuck off for yourself … We are along way behind Waterford and a few poxy league wins hasnt magically changed that. They were arguably one poor decision away from winning the AI last year and have not given one single fuck about the league this year… Typical Limerick bluster… Let’s get excited about our own potential by all means, but let’s not get carried away just yet. Many of those lads still have a lot to learn and I see similarities between us and where Waterford were 3 years ago - albeit playing a different game - but Derek used promotion as the springboard but it still took a while to get to last year and they still only finished runners up. Just relax for yourself there please.

1 Like