Hurling League 2018

Boxbig.

Ryan Malackey

An awful attack on the poor girl.

Ah she’s from the city, it doesnt concern city folk really ---- it’s more a Pallas/Doon/Oola/Tipp border thing really…

The Ryans were involved in serious faction fighting back in the 1830s-1840s … When the old Gaelic order broke down it caused family/clan rifts.

cc @ciarancareyshurlingarmy

A wild, wild part of the country.

Indeed.

http://www.doonbleisce.com/faction_fighting.htm

cc @ciarancareyshurlingarmy

4 Likes

:thinking::thinking:

Doon have won a shed load of underage titles in the last 50+ years but no seniors. That piece is part of the reason.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic article. Thanks.

1 Like

Wooly sticking the knife in to Clare here big time … a scathing attack.

What’s the gist of it.

Championship 15 out - determined to win league – Tony Kelly flying ---- couldnt put make shift Limerick away — full back line poor, decision making poor — frees aside, forwards were poor – Podge, McGrath way off form/ done.

2 Likes

TG4 are showing four live GAA games this weekend. Great work by @Bandage and @anon61956325 putting the pressure on

3 Likes

I took no personal satisfaction from the task, but it had to be done.

Ar an taobh eile, is fuath liom RTE.

2 Likes

It’s a small victory, but their production and camera work remains absolutely brutal and I can’t understand most of the words either. I was trying to figure out what way Cuala were set up to no avail last weekend. No wide angle shots to see their on pitch formation and no explanation in commentary or punditry (that I could understand). They had a two man full forward line and seemed to have an extra man somewhere else, but it was very difficult to determine exactly what was going on. Add in some clown coughing and phlegming up his guts under the guise of speaking in his native tongue and it’s a very off putting product.

Next time you go to Munster on a spring break I suggest you go to west Kerry and learn some Irish . Tis a grand spot .

Wooly had a hop off their production/1 camera on his latest podder…

He’s usurping you.

1 Like

Ta an ceart agat.

Wooly and @Bandage have been leading this charge for sometime now. Once the battle is won, I can see the two boys burning a copy of Foclóir in Portlaoise Top Square before tipping down to LaLolas for Tapas afterwards.

Incidentally, you boys have gone nuts in my absence over the weekend. Congrats.

2 Likes