Hurling League 2018

Which boyz in particular would that be?

Malachi and the lads.

A wild bunch.

“Osclaíonn Diarmaid Byrnes a ghualainn” - Diarmaid Byrnes lets fly with an ambitious effort from his own '65
“Ceann mór millteach ó Diarmaid Byrnes ansin” - Diarmaid Byrnes lets fly with an ambitious effort from his own '65

Those two phrases should get you through a good whack of TG4’s commentary.

13 Likes

I started following Wooly on twitter recently enough and it appears we have a broadly similar outlook on life.

Did you stop for Tapas enroute to Dublin from West Limerick recently?

At fĂČraoil is a good one to know when Limerick are playing.

1 Like

liathróid iomrallach

“Ar fheabhas ar fad.”

“Ceann amaideach ansin, i ndáiríre” if Donal O’Grady is commentating and anyone hits a ball that isn’t a 10 yard lateral pass.

I’ve been saying this for years and I’m now feeling vindicated that a commentator of your standing thinks the same.
They fail to ever zoom out as a ball is being pucked down the field,the camera in focused on the ball and anywhere beyond 20’ of that is forgotten about.

1 Like

I much prefer the TG4 commentary to listening to Ger Canning & Marty Morrissey,

12 Likes

Marty and Canning are immensely better than that Ban Breathnach cunt and his fuckactery.

+1

Aontaím leat, tå sé i bhfad níos fearr

Is mĂłr an trua Ă© nach bhfuil na Rastoolers in ann Ă© a thuiscint.

2 Likes

You left out “agus ar fóraoil”

1 Like

You’re treading on thin ice around here bucko 

I didn’t bother going to Wexford-Kilkenny a couple of weeks ago as we were already through, even though I was demanding we take the game seriously (cc @flattythehurdler).

The general camera work and lack of wide angles is hilarious, as is the lack of insight provided by the co-commentator(s). They’re usually focused on trotting out their basic / generic phrases like “rinne sĂ© go maith anseo” and what not. At least Duignan et al might say “I’m looking around here Marty and I see Walter Walsh has moved from full forward out to midfield” or something.

So I was watching the deferred coverage and you’ve little idea where anyone is playing until the ball goes directly into their zone and sometimes you’ve no idea when switches were made. Oh there’s Kevin Foley seemingly in full forward now and Rory O’Connor out around the middle. Or was it? When did that change happen? Fuck knows.

The absence of, or significantly muffled, crowd and sideline noise really takes away from the production too. Do these cheapskates use one single microphone or what?

RTÉ and TV3 are a thundering disgrace in their abandonment of the GGA.

7 Likes

TV3 put all their eggs in the rugby basket (see what I did there), at least they have that excuse. What RTE’s is, is fucking beyond me.

1 Like

You would think RTE could come to some sort of arrangement 
 we’ll throw you a couple of cameras and microphones and in return, where fixtures get congested we will show a game at an alternative time to your prime slot
something along those lines
 Nothing from Brolly of Duignan on this of course.

1 Like